Squier '51 roll-call

763 Posts
112 Users
0 Likes
133.6 K Views
(@drunkrock)
Estimable Member

You guys have me wanting one too.

If I had the cash to spare I'd grab the '51 and Epi Valve Jr. But alas! Poor student I am.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Just ordered 2

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Dan -

You don't need one.

You don't need one.

You don't need one.

You want one.

You don't need one.

You don't need one.

You want one.

You want one.

You don't need one.

You want one.

You want one.

You want one.

:shock: Agh! :shock: Must...resist...can't...give...in....getting...weaker.... :lol:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Just ordered 2

:shock: Cool. What colors?

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Black and 'burst -- but they will probably be modified.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

:shock: Agh! :shock: Must...resist...can't...give...in....getting...weaker.... :lol:

Dan

Nah, you don't need one. It's just a crappy Squier! :lol:

Hey, I'm just trying to help!

Jason

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Greg (gnease), way to go!

I guess you never know for certain, but my Squier Standard Tele is nice, no fret burrs, perfect fits, nice finish, no defects at all.

It did go out of tune a lot the first two weeks, but I think that is normal. Some of these guitars have been sitting in warehouses for months, and they are not always tuned to pitch. So when you get it and tune up it puts stress on the neck. But the neck takes time to settle. After two weeks or so my Tele stayed in tuned nicely. Now it will stay in tune all night, and even stays in tune for weeks if I don't play it.

And the 51 my supervisor at work bought and let me play last week was sharp. I think it was even nicer than my Tele. I played it, no fret burrs at all. The action was fantastic, and the finish was absolutely beautiful. Even my boss says this guitar is as nice as $500-600 guitars, and he only plays the best. I was really impressed with the bridge and saddles, much better than my Tele. This guitar is a lot nicer than you might think.

Mine is due Thursday. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Right here. I still have my "GOLDIE" Project and play on it at least twice a week :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Dan T, did you order one yet? Mine should be here today. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Bish, let us know what you think. First one to get theirs should start a review thread for all of us. :)

Jason

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Dan T, did you order one yet? Mine should be here today. :D

No, but thanks for helping me stick to my guns! :wink: :lol:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 GY01
(@gy01)
Eminent Member

I want a Squire -1 really bad. My local Sam Ash has a beautiful Blond model. It is marked at $149. However, three months ago I bought my son a Squire Standard Fat Strat and a Vox DA5. Two weeks ago I bought a used Peavey Classic 30 amplifier (love it) and a Peavey T-15 guitar(love those huge single coils). I bring home anything else and I probably should bring home a doghouse with it.

My sons Squire Standard Fat Srat is a great sounding and playing guitar. That little Vox DA5 just sounds so good for its size.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Dan, my 51 is supposed to be here tomorrow. It will likely travel through Janesville--wanna take a look as it whizzes past?? :twisted:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@sticky)
Trusted Member

Dan, my 51 is supposed to be here tomorrow. It will likely travel through Janesville--wanna take a look as it whizzes past?? :twisted:

Margaret

Me too!

well not the Janesville part!
I tracked it this morning and it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow, I'm in Skokie IL so I imagine they were companions with the WI-bound '51s.

me first 'lectric..... 8)

How do you know if a drummer is knocking on your door.....

The knocking speeds up.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Margaret

Oh! :shock: Et tu Margaret? Et tu? :lol:

Dan

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 51