Squier '51 roll-call

763 Posts
112 Users
0 Likes
133.7 K Views
(@steves)
Estimable Member

Rocker,

I meant to respond yesterday to tell you not to bother. I went to every GC in the area before ordering on MF and they all told me the same. I just ordered one from MF and it I would recommend them. No shipping or tax, so it winds up a better deal.

Do it now. You'll regret it later. :wink:

Steve

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

do you have to pay with a credit card, i don't do credit cards

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@steves)
Estimable Member

How about a debit card? Also, if you order over the phone, I think they'll take a check, but it may delay shipment a bit until it clears.

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I think you can pay with PayPal at a few online music stores.

The '51 line was discontinued so the local stores probably won't have any in stock. The online retailers have a supply that they are blowing out.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

dali,
are they or have they quit making these guitars? 8)

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I haven't updated in a while...

The Dali
Margaret
Bish
Wes ( 2 )
Slejhamer
Sdolsay
U2Bono269
Banre
Crank'n'Jam
dhutson
Steeder
Baldwin ( 2 )
DennisF6
Hudman
Nick
CSmart01
Dagwood (2)
Boxboy
Vink
Gnease (2)
Izabella
ColoradoFenderBender
Shrim
Teleplayer324
jwmartin
Madmodder
Robbie
fahq
1armbandit
Duffmaster
JBeery ( 2 )
Vanzant38 ( 2 )
Kblake
UrbanCowgirl
Billybenbob
Waltaja
Hanzo
Kevin72790
cicontention
Donkee (3 !!)
Twisted Lefty (#50 !!!!)
Eirraca
Gunslinger
mmdm
BarryO
SteveS

ok, we are up to 55 total guitars.

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Rocker, they (Fender) have stopped making the Squire '51. We all believe that there is a huge amount of stock left, hoever, since the guitars that many of us are receiving were made in 2005. So, we believe that there are no more NEW ones being made so the traditional "brick and mortar" stores are not getting anything n ew from the factory (and, therefore, are sold out) , but the online retailers like Musican's Friend, AMS, Sam Ash, Music 123 all have a supply of what is remaining. Because we were being shipped 2005 guitars, it sounds like there is still quite a supply out there of already produce - but not yet sold - Squier '51s.

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

mikespe was in the first group to get one i believe.
that's how i came to the conclusion that i was #51 (that's my story and i'm sticking to it) :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@poorpetebest)
Trusted Member

I picked one of these up back in November. Excellent little guitar. The only modification I made was to change out the pickguard and I think it turned out pretty nice:

I'm actually now putting it up for sale on eBay though, as I recently purchased a beautiful Artcore AS83 and have hit the ceiling on the number of guitars my wife allows me to own. Don't you just wish sometimes that you could keep every guitar that passed through your fingers?

ReplyQuote
(@donkee)

Dali,

I ended up with 4 of em'. 2 sunburst, one blond, and one black. The blond seems the best one right out of the box. Everything needed tightening on them all. Going to order up four new bridges from Guitar Fetish when they come in. That should be all the modification they need, except of course for decent strings (EB Super Slinky 9's for the kids and 10's for the dad).

I can't wait to see what they sound like through an Epiphone Valve Jr. We'll know next week when it arrives.

The kids are jammin' with theirs and dig them greatly!

ReplyQuote
(@barryo)
Eminent Member

I picked one of these up back in November. Excellent little guitar. The only modification I made was to change out the pickguard and I think it turned out pretty nice:

That does look nice.
Where did you get the pickguard?

ReplyQuote
(@poorpetebest)
Trusted Member

That does look nice.
Where did you get the pickguard?

There's an eBay store called Jeannie Pickguards that makes them custom for various guitar models and many different versions for the '51. Apparently, the pickguards vary slightly by the year your '51 was produced so you send them your stock pickguard and they cut you a custom one and send it out with your original.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

guys i think im going to pass an the 51, i think i'll have enough out of my income tax return
after i pay savings back on the peavey valve king i already got, to get a shecter c1 classic, so i guess i'm not gonna make the 51 list 8)

ReplyQuote
(@barryo)
Eminent Member

There's an eBay store called Jeannie Pickguards that makes them custom for various guitar models and many different versions for the '51.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

ReplyQuote
(@hobozcar2000)
Trusted Member

Yea!!! Just got my 51' two days ago! Great guitar. BTW when I ordered mine Guitar Center was almost completely out so get em' while you can.

ReplyQuote
Page 30 / 51