Clear all

Squier '51 roll-call

763 Posts
112 Users
0 Likes
133.8 K Views
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Like my blond w/black pickguard. Plays very well as is, going to keep it stock.

(Almost to 51 pages!!!!)

Jim-Bone

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

I'm liking my '51 better than ever. A friend filed the nut grooves a little for me, and the action is now much nicer. 8)

Mine is the black model with white pickguard. No mods to date.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

I have two. The sunburst as of yet is Stock, matter of fact I haven't touched it really at all.. played it only a little bit, but I need to set it up and get the action a tad lower on it still.

My Goldie was a find on Craigs List when the craze first started. I scored it for cheap!! It was black and I stripped it, put on the "Hammered Steal Gold" Paint. Got a bunch of gold bits from Guitar Fetish: LipStick, Dream 180, PG screws, Tone/Volume Knobs, Trees, Strap buttons. I still need to get Gold tuners for it and it'll be done done. But I'm about getting a Pearloid/Cream PG for it and I still want to mod the Headstock logo.

If I find another Black one I'd strip it and get make a Blue Sparkly with White pick guard and keep the chrome bits... :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Hey Dagwood...your Goldie is beautiful! I have 3 51s and haven't done a thing to any of them as I barely feel comfortable just changing strings. :oops: Anyway, just thought I'd tell ya how great I think Goldy looks! Happy 4th!!!

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Hey Dagwood...your Goldie is beautiful! I have 3 51s and haven't done a thing to any of them as I barely feel comfortable just changing strings. :oops: Anyway, just thought I'd tell ya how great I think Goldy looks! Happy 4th!!!

Thanks!! :) It was fun 'tweaking' on it.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

yeah, Dag, nice. definitely do the pearloid or similar pickguard from 'fetish. i picked up that one and the tortoiseshell and they look great.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I haven't done any mods to my 51's other than switch out the pick guards and the pup covers, to match.

Can't decide on what to do, appearance wise. Still working in the action with the Blonde one. It's struggling.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

I just changed the tuners on mine-tried to change the nut but i cut it too deep :oops: put the old one back on--but its playing real nice with the new tuners--i have already changed the pickups

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Almost 51 pages!

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

I went to GC yesterday for their "big" Fourth of July Sale and saw a black '51 for $99. I almost bought it, but caught myself just in time. Maybe this post will push us to "51" pages.

Jim-Bone

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

Maybe this will help this thread get to 51 pages.

I put new Wilkinson EZ lock tuners, GFS Crunchy PAF and a mildly hot single coil from the overstock section of Guitar Fetish. I also changed the PG to a black one, its off right now cuz I plan on changing the neck pickup.

I temporarily put the PG on today to get a pic, hopefully this will put this thread over that MAGIC number.

adios.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@solly)

I just ordered a '51 from Sam Ash. Cant wait to get it? Anyone know roughly how long it will take to ship to NY with the free standard shipping?

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I just ordered a '51 from Sam Ash. Cant wait to get it? Anyone know roughly how long it will take to ship to NY with the free standard shipping?

Actually that would depend on where it is shipped from.

I live two states from an MF distribution center. I order from MF and if Kansas City has it, it's here in two days with regular ground shipping. It can however take up to 5 days.

Good luck with your new purchase and enjoy!!! 8)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

Here's a pic of my 51. I changed the PG to black, both pickups, and also got the Guitar Fetish bridge. The bridge pup is a chrome covered GFS Crunchy PAF.

:roll:

We made it! 51 pages. 8) 8) 8)

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

I'm waiting for a cheap black 51' to come around so I can do this:

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
Page 50 / 51