Clear all

Stairway to Heaven Help

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@danada)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Ok i havent bothered to progress ne further into stairway to heaven because I feel like I wont be getting anywhere,

Can someone tell me if this is the part i think it is. Where he plays the intro just a little differently like he is hitting more notes or just faster which is what this tab indicates.
E--------5-7---7---|----8-------2------|----0-------0----|-----------------|
B-----------5-5-5--|---5-5-----3-3-----|---1--1----1-1---|-0-1-1-------3---|
G------5-----5---5-|--5---5---2---2--2-|--2----2--2---2--|-0-2-2-------0---|
D----7-----6-------|-5-----5-4-----4---|-3-------3-----3-|-------------0---|
A-0-0--------------|-------------------|-----------------|-2-0-0-------2---|
E------------------|-------------------|-----------------|-----------------|

Ive got the jist of the rest of the song (besides the solo havent touched that yet)
I just am not sure about this part.

I hope someone knows what im talking about.
Thanks

Ps dono if this goes in this forum or not feel free to change if u have to

"We're officially on welfare. Come on, kids. Help me scatter garbage on the front lawn."

vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Actually, I think he plays more notes: basically, in each position, he walks through the treble strings twice for a single base note. That's not what this tab looks like; here it looks like just playing it at double the speed.

I have a tab on paper somewhere, and maybe a power tab for the whole song. If you send me a PM with your email address, I can see if I can email you the powertab file.

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

You can check this site's lessons (Guitar for Beginners). Kirk has a great Stairway to Heaven fingerpicking lesson. You have to register but it's free and has videos.

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

One of the major guitar magazines did a Stairway special, in January I believe. The CD that came with had videos and explainations. Good stuff. It was the one with Jimmy Page and the guy from the White Stripes on the cover.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@apoxx)

One of the major guitar magazines did a Stairway special, in January I believe. The CD that came with had videos and explainations. Good stuff. It was the one with Jimmy Page and the guy from the White Stripes on the cover.

Was Guitar world, I got the issue and it has Stairway to heaven tab in the back and an excellent accoustic/12 string/6 string walk through on the cd...

"GO BIG RED!"

ReplyQuote
(@danada)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

[email protected] Thanks in advance :wink:

"We're officially on welfare. Come on, kids. Help me scatter garbage on the front lawn."

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

[email protected] Thanks in advance :wink:

I've sent you the powertab file by email. You can download the powertab editor from the web in case you don't have it yet.

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote