Clear all

Starcaster by Fender Model?

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@kingpinjones)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I have this cheapy Starcaster by Fender and i'd like to know what model it is and all that junk but this thing doesn't have any model # or serial # or anything on it that gives a way for me to look it up and find out. Does anyone know how i can identify it? Other than "Starcaster strat electric guitar by fender" on the headstock there isnt a single letter or number anywhere else. it's not of dire importance that i know but i would sure like to.

So you're telling me i can sing AND play guitar at the same time.....? Since when?

(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

Its a starcaster - that's it. Fender sold it in retail outlets along side 1st act guitars.

ReplyQuote
(@kingpinjones)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

i know that much, i've seen other Starcasters that were different (No not the original starcaster, i know better) and was hoping to find out what was what but if theres no way to really find out the differences then gee... smooth move Fender, i trusted you XD. Oh well, any clue what it's worth to a music shop?

So you're telling me i can sing AND play guitar at the same time.....? Since when?

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

ya, the Starcaster was the entry level guitar that was sold inthe big Box stores. Not sure there were diferent models.. just maybe changes from year to year, or suplier to suplier. As for what its worth as a trade in? I dont think they would give you much of anything for it. Maybe a few bucks if your buying something from them.

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@kingpinjones)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

well it was a gift so i might as well keep it then, thanks though.

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

I don't know why they reused the name - but fender made a starcaster in the 70's - it has a smaller hollow body - but the strat-like one is't worth anything to a guitar store.

ReplyQuote
(@kingpinjones)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

i've got to hold an original Starcaster, it was my uncles but i didn't have a clue what it was until i grew up, when i got this thing i was a bit confused i had to ask my self: "What is this madness?!"

ReplyQuote