Clear all

steinberger whammy bar

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@curious_bob)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I found a whammy bar in the gig bag of my steinberger clone that I bought earlier this year, but I have no idea where it attaches to (or if it attatches at all).

Where should the whammy bar hook up to?

(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Does this help?

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@curious_bob)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

That's where I thought it goes. There is a hole there that the whammy bar fits in, but it doesn't affect the sound at all.

edit: I'm looking at the musicyo.com homepage and it looks like I am putting it in the right spot, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. How are the whammy bars on these guitars supposed to work?

ReplyQuote
(@hawkfoggy)
Estimable Member

check the inside of the guitar. thats usaly the problem. and are you using it right(don't take that offensively)

"I'm as free as a bird now. And this bird you can not change" Free Bird, By: Lynyrd Skynyrd
GIT SNAKE BIT!!!
stay safe

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

You should be able to push and or pull it not to hard or you'll break it to affect the sound.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@curious_bob)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I don't think that this guitar is supposed to have a whammy bar. Or there are pieces missing.

Am I supposed to rotate the bar? Because there isn't any tension.

ReplyQuote
(@terminator)
Reputable Member

Nope. You literally push it down towards the body.

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

Think of the guitar strapped on in playing position: you push the bar in towards your body. It will then return whence it came under mild spring pressure. On a Steinberger, you should be able to push it in as hard as you like and it should return perfectly in tune. Well, that's the theory anyway ;-)

ReplyQuote
(@hawkfoggy)
Estimable Member

and we all know how theorys turn out.Think of the guitar strapped on in playing position: you push the bar in towards your body. It will then return whence it came under mild spring pressure. On a Steinberger, you should be able to push it in as hard as you like and it should return perfectly in tune. Well, that's the theory anyway .

"I'm as free as a bird now. And this bird you can not change" Free Bird, By: Lynyrd Skynyrd
GIT SNAKE BIT!!!
stay safe

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Check underneath the back of the bridge to make sure the trem-lock is not engaged. If it is, you won't be able to whammy!

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote