Skip to content
STOLEN GEAR... I ne...

Notifications
Clear all

STOLEN GEAR... I never thought this would happen.

29 Posts
26 Users
0 Likes
(@flashback)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I have got to be having the worst day of my life. I had most if not all my gear stolen last night. I mean EVERYTHING. I lost all my pedals, my JCM800 and cab, my two Edwards LPs and my Strat. I have NOTHING left.

I am going on 18 now and I dont cry often. But I cried today. Not only did they take my gear out of my car but they busted the windows and scratched my car up as well. I reported everything to the authorities and they said it had to be from somebody who has been eyeing me after gigs and practice or someone who knows i kept my gear in the trunk of my car intransit to my house or gigs.

I mean I feel really violated, I would have rather them take ANYTHING else except my guitars. Ugh... I just have no idea what to do. The FPD (Florence Police Department) has people on the lookout on Ebay and such places and all pawn shops are on alert. But the detective said more than likely only the guitars would likely show up cause of Serial Numbers and such. And he said even then people are not above sanding them off or just parting the guitars out.

All I have left now is my old Classical (besides old gear that is in the process of being sold).

This really is a major reality check. And I hope I can provide a warning to any fellow GNers. GET insurance on your precious gear. Honestly it is worth it. I am now probably two years worth of minimum wage checks in the hole now. And I really dont want to add up cause it would probably hurt me even more.

THIS SUCKS... thankyou for listening to my rant. I am going to go sob now and look at the empty wall hangers where my guitars used to be.

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Man, that does suck! :evil:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

That is really terrible, Flashback. Let's hope the police catch a break and nail the guy who did it and you get it back. Here are some things to do in the meantime:

1. Call your car insurance company and see if you can make a claim. Some car insurance policies will cover a loss of property taken from a car.
2. Call your parents' home insurance company (I am assuming you still live at home?). Ask if their policy covers this loss.
3. You ask around to as many local musicians you know or can find, if they have heard of any of your gear offered for sale.
4. Go check the music stores and pawn shops too.

None of this may yield any results, but it is better to busy yourself with tasks to try to solve the problem, than sit around feeling helpless.

NOTE TO EVERYONE ELSE - one thing we can take from Flashback's loss, is to remember that we should document the serial numbers of ALL of our equipment, take pictures of all of it, and make sure our insurance policies cover the loss. I am going to do all of that this weekend.

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Oh man, I'm so sorry!

I know I would live in the local pawn shops for the next few weeks. That amp is going to turn up somewhere!

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@flashback)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

It couldnt have been one guy... that cab weighed a ton! And so did my pedalboard. But I can claim some of it from my car insurance to fix the windows and they gave me 500 extra for stolen properties. My Mom's house insurance cant cover it cause my car was not home at the time of the theft. And alot of my musician friends have promised to keep an eye out. I just hope I can catch the person or persons who did this. Cause they will catch it pretty badly. I dont think I will be able to sleep at night knowing my LPs are not at home with me. :(

thanks guys for all the help.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I've got a spare distortion, noise gate, wah-wah and phase pedal and perhaps even an amp. I don't think I can swing a guitar at the moment, but I'll check the basement.

When you're done with them, or as you replace them, you can send 'em back.

PM me your address if you're interested.

ReplyQuote
(@flashback)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Nick I could not possibly except those. I really appreciate the kindness alot! And that certianly makes me feel great that you would offer me that. But my Dad has all kinds of gear if I need it. I really do appreciate that Nick... alot. Wow... GN really is like a big family. Thankyou so much though Nick.

But for now I am just gonna try and hunt my gear down. Its not so much that I dont have anything to play. But this is just gear that I searched and bargained and fixed up and modded and they have so much of MY soul in them. Sentimental value is definitly what I am missing here.

But thankyou so much Nick. I definitly owe you a favor for that generous offer.

Thanks guys. You guys really are helping me mentally cope with this.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Wow...that really sux. I really don't know what to say other than sorry to hear about it, I remember when I was younger I had a few stereos ripped out of my car and your right you feel violated big time.

I assume this isn't going to stop you from gigs and stuff so if it is someone you know that may have done this make alternate arrangements for your gear when you play out.

Makes me think my Hod Rod Deluxe has been inthe back of my SUV for a couple weeks now(lazy) it's a bout time I found a home for it.

Good luck with replacing your gear!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Sorry to hear the bad news. You must be gutted.

If you have pics it may be worth creating some sort of poster listing your gear and your contact details. Ask your local music stores to put it on their notice board. Other musicians, once they are aware there is stolen gear around may get suspicious of that "offer from the bloke down the pub", and either contact you or the police. It may also be worth giving all the deatails to pawn shops and second hand stores as well.

Just a thought.

I really hope you get this sorted and the scum that did it get what's coming. :twisted:

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I can't really offer any more advice than what has already been offered, but I just wanted to say sorry to hear about your loss. I had someone break into my apartment when I was at work one day a few years ago & swipe my stereo & CDs, and you're right, you feel violated. I can't imagine if all my gear was stolen. Hang in there.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

That's a total bummer! Advice to rest of you ,insure your equipment at replacement cost. A small fee for piece of mind.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

this truly sux, i hope these creeps get whats coming to them.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

That really sucks dude, sorry to hear about it. Good luck with everything.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Flashback

Sorry to hear about that. I can relate, my friends and I went camping/surfing when I was your age and left all our surfboards outside our tent, next morning all the surfboards were gone. And my surfboard was brand new, only used it once. Man, I was p-ssed! We did luck up and recover one board.

Chances are the people who stole your gear are known to you. That's where to look first. It is someone who has seen and knows what you owned. And chances are that someone you know will hear who stole your gear. So I hope you get it back and bust those thieves too.

It's a setback, but that's how life is sometimes. So try to have a good attitude, material things can always be replaced.

Good luck.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@guitbusy)
Trusted Member

Sorry to hear about that. I hope they catch the thief(s). Best of luck in sorting this out, and keep your chin up.

Older Newbie

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2