Clear all

stormy monday

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

So my teacher started playing this in our lesson last night... Is there a "correct" sheet music version of this I can find online? I was hoping to be pretty far on this by next tuesday.

I did find the Clapton version on SheetMusicDirect.us which I plan on purchasing and printing off

Is this the most common chord progression?

G9 | C9 | G9/Aâ™­9 | G9 | C9 | C9 | G9 / A minor7 | B minor7 / Bâ™­ minor7 | A minor7 | C minor7 | G9 / C9 | G9 / D augmented

Hopefully I don't get flamed for this thread... I did search first but was kinda confused?

Thanks!

(@hydeparkhaz)
Eminent Member

i dont know the tab but id try playing along to the albert king and stevie ray in session version. its done a bit slower than the original and its really clear.

ReplyQuote
(@jimatwell)
Eminent Member

That looks very close if not the exact progression I was taught. Works nicely with the Allman Bros. verson from the Live at the Fillmore album.

ReplyQuote
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

anyone know where i can get an "Official" transcription of the allman bros. version?

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
 pab
(@pab)
Estimable Member

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/store/smp_detail.html?item=2964337&cart=100820538236&cm_re=289.1.4-_-Results+Item-_-Title

i don't own it but it indicates that this title is in this book, and i've read other reviews in which the transcriptions are correct.

best of luck.

pab

ReplyQuote
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

thanks man.

I had been eyeing that book -calling stores around to see if anyone had it - or if digital copies were available for purchase... no such luck :( I'll be ordering!

Edit:

Five minutes later... ordered!
my teacher seems to favor the allman bros. and packs tons of stuff into lessons that I can't seem to remember. This should be awesome

ReplyQuote
 pab
(@pab)
Estimable Member

i don't own it (so don't get upset if it isn't great!) but i did read reviews of this book (and 2 other volumes) that said that they were accurate transcriptions. hope it works out for you. the person who posted above about the allman brothers version of this song was referring to a live version, which might not be the one in this book. nevertheless it should help you out.

paul

ReplyQuote