Clear all

Strat bridge rattle/vibration

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@sito71)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I have a strat am. dlx....the 2 pivot bridge is flush with the body at the rear end...however whenever i hit a loud open string i hear a rattling along with the vibration...when i put my palm gently on the bridge it stops rattling (this is without the trem bar plugged in)...also if i lightly bang on the arm rest part of the body (just above the bridge) i can hear a knocking sound (like something is banging against something or is loose)...

anyone have any idea's what it is?...could it be a spring has become detached, or is too loose? (i can't find my precision screwdrivers to take the back plate off...i am gonna go out and buy some tomorrow , but i am curious)...has this happened to anyone before?...something seems definitely to be loose.

(@sito71)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

if i press down on bottom of the bridge (esp. near the trem hole side), the rattling stops (without doing so by simply gently banging on the rear of the body you can hear it rattle)...or if i take a thin piece of folded paper and slip it between the bridge and body on the trem hole side it will stop the rattle...it is obvious that the bridge (which is supposed to sit flush) is not entirely resting flush and in fact has just enough space (on the one side) to rattle against the body when vibrated or bumped in any manner....should this be a spring adjustment?...should it be tightened?...any advice greatly appreciated (sorry it has taken me so many posts to narrow this down).

ReplyQuote
(@sito71)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

if i press down on bottom of the bridge (esp. near the trem hole side), the rattling stops (without doing so by simply gently banging on the rear of the body you can hear it rattle)...or if i take a thin piece of folded paper and slip it between the bridge and body on the trem hole side it will stop the rattle...it is obvious that the bridge (which is supposed to sit flush) is not entirely resting flush and in fact has just enough space (on the one side) to rattle against the body when vibrated or bumped in any manner....should this be a spring adjustment?...should it be tightened?...any advice greatly appreciated (sorry it has taken me so many posts to narrow this down).

ReplyQuote