Skip to content

Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Strat down - time for something new.

(@ezraplaysezra)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I pulled one of my strats out today and discovered the truss rod had come free and was rattling around in the neck something terrible. Not sure when this happened, this guitar had been lent out to my local studio for a while, maybe then. Anyway, someone here got me thinking about a Parker Fly and I'm heading down to the city this weekend so I'm gonna hit 48th street and see what they've got.
Should be interesting - I've not played one I didn't like but I'm a vintage, bolt on neck, single coil kind of guy and this is... not any of those things. And my wife says they're pretty - so there's that too!
I'll keep you posted.

(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Are we allowed to want a guitar our wives like??

I almost had to dump my resonator when my wife said she liked the looks of it...... but the she said she was not always a fan of the steel body resonator tone...so I'm good. :D

Good luck on the search!!!!

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Honorable Member

That's a crazy guitar! Very pointy.....

Reminds me a bit of the iceman ibanez and Paul Gilbert's new Fireman - which I didnt like the look of at first but now I think it is really cool looking....... no tremelo/whammy on that though.

Go play the guitar you want and see how it feels and sounds, thats probably the most important stuff.

Pauls fireman is down below.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I am with you on the Fire man guitar - did not like it but it has grown on me. Even more, I like the destroyer iceman hybrid idea. I have always loved explorers and V's but never owned either as they are rather big and gawdy. The best guitar I have ever ever ever played was a korina Vee with square tops - I was about $11,000 (F'n Yikes!) off on the price but man it WAS nice! With the explorer/ destroyer body still you get some much wood under the guitar and they look a riot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/unfinished-ibanez-rg-jem-body-Iceman-Destroyer-Hybrid-/160881989162

I love this because it's so different. I don't shred or glam so the ironic value of it appeals to me.

ReplyQuote