Notifications
Clear all

Strat vs. Tele

23 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

A Telecaster through a Triple Recto for instance, or a MkIV; yah, that might be something you could get a tone out of :D

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

The only guitar in this song was a '69 Tele Thinline (the single coil semi-hollowbody Tele, like in my avatar), if I remember correctly. He opens and ends with it played pretty clean, then gets some nice overdrive with it at regular intervals starting around 1/4 into the song and especially around 2/3 through, before ending clean.
This might give you some idea of the range of a Tele and it's ability to get a hard rock sound. I know it ain't thrash metal, but it's a pretty nice growl.

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

I personally like the strat a little bit more. If i were to go out and buy a guitar it would be a strat. Teles are great though. Whatever kinda stuff youre lookin to play and whichever has the best playability.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@hobsonator)
Trusted Member

Get a Telecaster and find your own sound on it.

ReplyQuote
(@chalmodo)

i've always loved teles... purely because they seemed to have practical anonymity compared to the strat.
But having recently compared a 54 tele to a 95 strat...

the strat won on tone, hands down.

but it guess its what your in for...

one mans strat is anothers gibson...

play them! :D

all you need is to be human to be able to rock.
just dont be sad if some of us are more human than others.

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I've never played a tele, but I probably should. I've always been a fan of the fat strat style guitars (2 single coils and a humbucker in the bridge) mainly because of it's versatility.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@piano-man)
Eminent Member

I have an Ibanez blazer with an extra switch on it that gives it the telecaster (twang) sound. So I got the best of both worlds (1981 model)

ReplyQuote
(@call_me_kido)
Estimable Member

I own both, and I love music frmo clapton, SRV, Hendrix even though primarilly I stick to acoustics.

I love my fender strat, its clean powerful and looks real nice.

If for some odd reason you arent going to play a guitar before you buy it...which is absurd....theres no reason a nice American made Stratocaster would you wrong.

But please play them both first.

You might be able to pull off buying a kazoo without a demo...a guitar...not so much.

Kido

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2