9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

SG owners: What strings do you use?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@fluid)
Trusted Member

Well, I don't have an SG per se, it's an Epi G-400 Vintage, but I run Slinkys on it.

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

On an SG copy I had years and years and years ago I used EB Extra Slinkys - .008-etc. But that was back then when everybody wanted the thinnest strings possible.

Now I'd probably use the same set I use on the Les Paul - D'Addario EXL-110. Actually now that I think of it, I use the 110's on all the six strings, including the acoustic....

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

D'Addario EXL-110.

Yep! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

D'Addario EXL-110.

Yep! 8)

Dan

Add me to that list! I used them when I owned a Gibson SG Standard - sounded great.

ReplyQuote
(@mwilliams)
Trusted Member

Gibson Vintage Reissues (10's)...love 'em!

ReplyQuote
(@soundsgood)
Trusted Member

blue steel 10s been using them for long time i like em, stay in tune forever after they are streched 8) i have been thinking of goig to 11's but never do lol

gibsonSG standard/gallagher"doc watson" acoustic

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

Gibson Vintage Reissues (10's)...love 'em!

I've been thinking of trying those out, thanks for reminding me.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thanks all. Just so happens I had a set of EXL-110s. I just put them in and it sounds superb.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote