Clear all

Stupid question for yoyo286

13 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@quarterfront)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

So who's that banging the cowbell on your avitar?

He looks so ... happy....

(@vegas_jay)
Trusted Member

I put my pants on, just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. But once my pants are on, I make gold records!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

:lol: It's Will Ferrell. Here's the video: http://www.gorillamask.net/morecowbell.shtml

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

We need more cowbell!!!!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@shibby)
Estimable Member

Did anyone see him host SNL when Queens of the Stone Age played. He came out during there performance and started banging his cowbell. Great Moment

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Did anyone see him host SNL when Queens of the Stone Age played. He came out during there performance and started banging his cowbell. Great Moment

I've heard that before, but I didn't get to see it... :evil: :evil:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

I actuially missed that the first time around(The band wasn't that good so I changed the channel to catch up on SouthPark) my wife pointed it out to me the second time I saw it.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Queens of the Stone Age are a great band.

Wasn't the original skit with more cowbell with Blue Oyster Cult.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Queens of the Stone Age are a great band.

Wasn't the original skit with more cowbell with Blue Oyster Cult.

I agree, QOTSA are a great band. "Little Sister" isn't my favorite song (My friend said that they were playing that song, and then Will Ferrell came out and playing the cowbell...), but they are a very cool and original band. 8)

And yeah, the original skit was the one I posted...

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@illicit)
Estimable Member

Not so impressed with the new QOTSA-album, but I would still have loved to see the Ferrell cowbell-a-majig. I love the sketch.

Behold! The great northern viking's pinnacle of evolution! Behold my wavy blonde locks, my icy blue eyes and my muscular physique! Behold my.. screw this, I'm going to McDonald's.

ReplyQuote
(@briank)
Estimable Member

A few things. . .
I remember reading in a guitar magazine that QOTSA says that they try to play more complicated stuff, not just "shred."
Both of those songs on SNL were full of two guitarists jamming out power chords, with a small solo in each. Now, I play power chords a lot, and I know that perfect execution of any type of music is difficult, but when you say you try to play more advanced music, don't go out there playing something that I can play (and I've only been playing for a year :roll: ).

And I saw that SNL in its entirety- I feel sorry that Will Ferrell decided to host that show. It's been going downhill ever since he left, and the only reason the crowd ever applauds nowadays is in appreciation of a great comedian (like Will). All SNL is now is elaborate potty jokes that are NOT funny. What happened to the "cowbell" writers a few years ago? If you don't have pros like Will or Jimmy Fallon or Tracy Morgan, at least give the new guys a chance with something funny! :idea:

Just my opinion, but GEEZ c'MON Queens and SNL! :evil:

"All I see is draining me on my Plastic Fantastic Lover!"

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Not so impressed with the new QOTSA-album

+1, but "Songs for the Deaf" is still a good album... :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Not so impressed with the new QOTSA-album

+2

New album is totally worthless. Neither complex nor good. His voice really puts you to sleep after a while.
I feel sorry that Will Ferrell decided to host that show

Yeah, that could have been better. Kinda sad that the best skit was a really generic rehash of celebrity jeopardy.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote