Submit strum Patterns

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@call_me_kido)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys,

I was spending alot of time today listening to some acoustic stuff on soundclick from random people. I found this one song with a great strum pattern and spent like 30 minutes trying to get it down. Ive pretty much internalized it and it made me realize all my songs use pretty much the same groove. I was hoping I could get you to submit some recordings of you strumming, maybe post a link to a recorded file or email it to me or something. If youd like I would upload them all to a site and store them for everyone to hear. I think we could learn alot from people with experience and different ideas.

And yes I know theres websites out there with pages where you can look at strum patterns but I can usually only learn them if I can listen to them, find out what chord voicings they are and play them over and over again checking back in with original till I can get it down. It may take a while, but then its mine forever. If anyone else is like me bump this thread.

Peace

Kido

(@javajark)
Eminent Member

hi, whats that strum pattern you speak of?? like down down up down?? like that? can you describe it so we can all learn it too?

The bridges that I walk across are weak. Frustrations fill the void that I can’t solely bear.
And I have turned away and searched for answers I can’t understand...

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Kido,
One site I recommend regularly (an acoustic site) does list sound files with its patterns. You might want to have a look/listen:

Dansm's Strum Patterns

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@call_me_kido)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Much appreciated as always.

kido

ReplyQuote