Clear all

sunburst strat with maple neck..am dlx strat

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@sito71)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

man it is to me heaven...it IS to me THE electric guitar...i know the rosewood/maple debate is old and tired...and i was a rosewood guy my whole life until last year when i bought a maple board fender Strat...i have to testify, there is nothing else like it...it is so comfy smooth and fast...plus i love the fact that if you see old ones you can look and study how that person played...were they a rythm player, a shredder, a surf monster, a punk rock power chord king?...with a maple board you can actually feel AND see the history of the guitar...but first and foremost the satin finish feel of my am dlx. strat is just heaven...sometimes alls i have to do is look at it and i get a smile...the sunburst/maple look is just soo , so rock n roll...so classic...and the modern dlx neck feels so spectacular...i highly recommend trying one out...i have waited many years to finally afford an american made electric guitar and i am so happy i did wait and get this particular one...the range of tones is so wide...man i'm in love!...truly fender's top of the line production strat...2 nd (and a totally different animal but quite equal quality wise) would have to be the AV's....and the american series is nothing to sneeze at either...i think fender are doing a really great job after the much maligned 80's and 70's...helll it's even an improvement over most of the 90's!

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I feel the same way, welcome to the club.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@sito71)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

yep nice pic b.t.w.!

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

:D Nice guitar, eh?

The satin finish can be a little soft and prone to dings. My Highway One Fender Strat also has the satin finish in honey blonde, and despite being very careful, it does collect dings easily.

You may already know this, but the label on my guitar stands warn that the foam padding on the supports can damage nitro finishes, so I never leave the strat on the stand for any length of time.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

welcome to the American made Fender realm. you now experience what many of us having been saying when we get into the Squire or Agile our a great guitars argument. once you have felt the American neck you are changed. those cut-rate guitars are worth their price, but cannot compare to what you now have.
we share the thrill in every way you say.
congrads.

also I am so glad you got the maple neck. there is something about
a sunburst and maple neck Strat that is just so right.
beautiful.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

welcome to the American made Fender realm. you now experience what many of us having been saying when we get into the Squire or Agile our a great guitars argument. once you have felt the American neck you are changed. those cut-rate guitars are worth their price, but cannot compare to what you now have.
we share the thrill in every way you say.
congrads.

also I am so glad you got the maple neck. there is something about
a sunburst and maple neck Strat that is just so right.
beautiful.

Hmmmm ..... I have two made in USA Les Pauls and have owned a made in USA Les Paul since 1982 and I still like my Agile AL2000 quite a lot. :? Yet, you are right. There is a difference.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote