Notifications
Clear all

TAB/Chord Sheet Sites?

34 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

It's the archive of songs that they maintained which has been "lawyered out of existence".

I found that annoying as all get-out. I'd find a tab and click on the PT version only to have it come back with some message about query must be more than three letters or somesuch nonsense. :roll: Maybe I should spring for GP; I've heard it's really good.

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

It's the archive of songs that they maintained which has been "lawyered out of existence".

I found that annoying as all get-out. I'd find a tab and click on the PT version only to have it come back with some message about query must be more than three letters or somesuch nonsense. :roll: Maybe I should spring for GP; I've heard it's really good.

Yes, it is good.
But that's a separate issue from TAB availability. There are still lots of Power Tab song files out there, and there are GP tab sites that have been shut down.

None of the tab player/editor software has gone away, nor has there been any signifigant legal action against them.

The legal problems have been targeted against the sites which have the actual song TABS. And while some sites have shut down, others have popped up. Generally the new ones have the same archive as the older sites, but they have set up shop in countries where the laws are different that in the USA, and there is less of a chance of attack from the various entertainment industry organizations.

As to finding tab files for any of the software (and just plain 'ol text TABS): Google is your friend. :wink:

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@birrdd123)

Guitar pro rocks for the most part. When you go to the search built into guitar pro, it will give you the option to search a few different sites. Those can be wrong as well as regular tab sites, however you get to listen to it first and see if its worth learning. Also its good for if you are learning your scales and making a song, because theres the option to show the fretboard with or without any scale you can think of.

Bryan.

ReplyQuote
(@ibanezjunkie)
Eminent Member

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com

tabs, reviews all that stuff.

Fortune, Fame, Mirror, Vain, Gone Insane But The Memory Remains

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3