Talas featuring Bil...

Notifications
Clear all

Talas featuring Billy Sheehan

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I have been looking for the first album by a band called Talas from Buffalo Ny..They were very popular in the 80's and their bass player, Billy Sheehan made the bigs with David Lee Roth and then of course, Mr. Big.

I am looking for their first album entitled Talas featuring Billy Sheehan (it was re-released under this name in 1991 by Metal Blade (publishers)...I saw a few on ebay but I think they might be copies...

At the very least I am looking for the song See Saw from that album...if anyone has an mp3 I would LOVE to have this song...

I checked some of the out of the way music shops around here (Rochester, NY) with no luck...

Talas has some serious talent for their day and they only played with 3 members...you don't see too many 3 person bands anymore! Of course most people involved in rock have heard of Billy Sheehan...probably by far the BEST bass player in the world! He played the bass the way Eddie Van Halen played guitar...

Anyway...if anyone comes across this PLEASE give me a shout! Even if you happen to see it in a local music store near you...I'll reimburse you the cost..

Thanks!!

(@Anonymous)

One of the former members of Talas works at a local radio station in Buffalo so I decided to email him to see if he knew where I could get the album or at the very least..the song See Saw....

Well I opened my email today and he sent me the mp3 of the song! I was SOOOO pumped!!

Just goes to show you that you never know unless you ask!

ReplyQuote