Tanglewood forums?

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hello, everybody.

I've searched the Web in vain, so I'm asking here now. Does anybody know of any forums which are specifically geared towards Tanglewood players? (Your Larrivee players, Gibson players, Seagull, Godin, most everybody else who plays a specific brand has somewhere to talk with the people who play your brand of guitar. I don't seem to.)

I know I can hang here, but I haven't yet ferreted to find the people who are also Tanglewood players.

Any info would be appreciated.

Shady

Take care,

Casey

(@hbriem)
Honorable Member

I have a Tanglewood. Cheapest guitar in the universe. Why would one need a separate forum for them?

--
Helgi Briem
hbriem AT gmail DOT com

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I have a Tanglewood. Cheapest guitar in the universe. Why would one need a separate forum for them?

Sorry.

I wasn't implying that one was necessarily "needed", I was just wondering whether one existed that I hadn't been able to find through my own searches.

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
(@guitarhack)
Reputable Member

Shady, sorry I can't offer any help in regard to the forum, but I'm curious how you like the Tanglewood. I had a chance about a year ago to pick one up really cheap, but as I'd never heard of the brand or any reputation, I passed. For a low-end guitar, it was quite nice looking. Does yours play well?

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@drunkrock)
Estimable Member

I own an TW115-ST model. It's a solid top/laminated back and sides dreadnought. It is an excellent guitar. The tuners feel nice and hold pitch well, the finish is nice and thin, the plastic nut is cut well, the abalone inlays are beautiful, and but for some binding issues up near the 16th fret the fretboard is excellent. It sounds a magnitude better than the laminated top model and some of the cheaper washburns.

I don't think you could go wrong with a quality specimen.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Tanglewood's reputation is 'cheap'? I always thought it was 'decent mid-range' - it is around here, at least.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@ccwilliams)

I couldn't be happier with my Tanglewood TW15 cutaway with electronics.

IMO for the price they offer quality materials that other brands can not match. To get the equivalent of the TW15 in another brand would have cost me 1.5 times plus what I paid for it.

Sure its no Martin or Taylor, but value for money is fantastic.

And most importantly it sounds very good. Even their lower end models are well constructed, good looking, nice playing, good sounding instruments.

ReplyQuote
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

I must agree, I tested a friends Martin D28 and compared it with my Tanglewood TW 28.
The 10 times price difference between the Martin and my Tanglewood was not equaled by a difference in sound or playability. They sounded very similar as being very similar in size and shape (dreadnought types).
/kalle

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote