Notifications
Clear all

Tascam guitar trainers?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@deckard)
Topic starter  

Has anyone here heard of or used one a guitar trainer before? It slows down a guitar part without changing the pitch.

http://tascam.com/product/cd-gt2/

I understand how it works if you are listening to an isolated guitar part. . .but what if you are listening to an entire song with drums, vocals, bass, etc.. . .can you isolate the guitar part???

Thanks.

deckard

(@alangreen)

No. The CD does not contain individual tracks for each instrument, so you get to slow down the whole thing.

The "Amazing Slow-Downer", or whatever it was called, has been around for some time. A number of our members have used them.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@deckard)
Topic starter  

Thanks. I was thinking of purchasing one, but, didn't know if it was a just a gimmick or something like that. If a couple of members have owned and used one then I assume it is very useful.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I have one. I use it for backing tracks that I can solo over.

You can save a small section from the music (8 seconds at decent quality), loop it slow and learn that section.

It has a few simple effects.

You can make a reasonable attempt at removing part of the song (e.g. voice) and add your own. It isn't by any means a studio quality removal, but to learn a piece, it is adequate.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote