Taylor 210e Strap Buttons

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@soxzs)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi guys,

I just got my new Taylor 210E, awesome guitar, although im still getting used to the shorter scale length in it.

My question is, there is a strap button behind the neck, which is fine and dandy, and the other strap button is also an input for an amp, now I've tried attaching a strap to it (just a normal strap with two leather holes on each side) but it doesn't really sit in place lively and falls off as soon as i move the guitar.

Are you meant to use a different type of strap for this guitar? Or attach the strap in a different way, because im not thinking dropping a $800 guitar would be the best thing :S

Thanks very much !

(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

I have a Taylor 314CE and I know what you mean. All I can say is you really have to work it in there? You'll get it...

Bob Jessie

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

A really annoying problem. Take your strap (and guitar) to a shoe repair shop and have them punch a slightly larger circular hole in the strap leather to accommodate the larger neck diameter of the combo jack-endpin. Do not overdo it.

A another possibility is to add a second, traditional strap button nearby the combo unit in the end block. However, if this is the type of endpin assembly with the integral battery compartment, there won't be a lot of room to do this. Might want to have your Taylor dealer do it for you to avoid damage.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

Or, buy a Taylor strap.

Bob Jessie

ReplyQuote
(@soxzs)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Are the taylor straps designed for use with the the smaller strap button?

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I don't have electronics in my Taylor, but I do have the same darned problem with the strap button. I ended up making the strap hole slightly bigger as gnease suggested.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Are the taylor straps designed for use with the the smaller strap button?

Good question -- the pics on the Taylor site certainly look as though the strap button holes are cut larger on Taylor straps. (The problem is not usually too small strap button, it's a too large neck (throat?) on the the combo strap button/output jack. It's not just a Taylor issue, but generic to the combo jacks/buttons.)

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@steeder)

I have a Taylor 414LE with the same issue. The problem for me was that a typical leather strap is too thick. Even after enlarging the size of the hole I still had trouble getting the strap to stay on the button. I ended up using a strap with a much thinner piece of leather on the ends which works fine. I still have the issue of using a strap lock on the combo button, though. I can't find one large enough to fit over the top of the button.

Steed

ReplyQuote