Tenor Guitar

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@marcusmd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hey there,

This is a bit of a novice question but I am looking for some help to learn the Tenor Guitar.
Got a beautiful Martin but not much of a clue what to do

All advice greatfully appreciated

Marc

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

http://www.tenorguitar.com/

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Hey, Marcus that's cool. I've been wanting to get a tenor guitar for awhile. Where'd you get yours? Or rather how'd you come about it? It's not like you find or see a lot of them. Are you into Bluegrass, Roots, Traditional music and the like?

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@marcusmd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Reb,

Found it at The Guitar Factory in Sydney. Had started looking for a Mando, saw it and fell in love!

Love Bluegrass but suspect I will have to play a bit of Irish folk to get the hang of it as I am a complete newbie with no background at all.

Hopefully I will find a tenor banjo site as I'm told they are similar

M

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

I played a Tenor acoustic when I was younger. I can't remember the brand. It was tuned "Guitar" tuning: DGBE . I played it like an oversized Ukulele, same chords. It was a blond guitar w/ pickguard. Wish I still had it...

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Oops mixup - I was thinking baritone which is a 6-string tuned BEADF#B. Tenor is 4 stringed - right? Congrats anyway :oops:

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Lars - Baritones are cool too. I was thinking of getting ones of those, too.

I think the scale on tenor guitars is usually 23", but recently found myself in possession of a 24" scale neck that I may try to attach to one of my project bodies I have right now.
I currently have 10 project guitars going, some I actually will be able to finish this week with the arrival of a couple more parts. Some have been going on for quite some time due to lack of initial success. The older ones were great learning experience, if nothing else.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote