Clear all

The folks here

14 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@sdolsay)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I havn't been a member long, but I just want to tell all the Mods and Regulars how impressed I am with the way you run the site and how you handle immature posters.

I really enjoy coming here every day and I've learned stuff from most all of you, being 43 with 2 small children looking over my shoulder really makes me appreiciate the family atmosphere here.

Just a thank you from someone fairly new.

Scott

I havn't found my tone yet, and I have no mojo....but I'm working on it :)

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Thank you Scott, that was a very nice compliment.

Gotta give all the young people here lots of credit too. Just visit a few of the other popular guitar sites, the language and vicious debates are horrible.

This is a great site. Folks come here to learn about guitar and have mature discussions. Sure, we disagree and squabble a little bit now and then, but overall you will not find another site where members show such respect for each other. And everybody is here to help each other as well.

Thanks again, it is members like yourself that makes GuitarNoise the best.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

being 43 with 2 small children looking over my shoulder really makes me appreiciate the family atmosphere here.

Welcome Scott! I'm turning the big FOUR-OH next week, with three young ones, so I know what you're talking about. This really is a well-run forum.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

What Wes said! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Gotta give all the young people here lots of credit too. Just visit a few of the other popular guitar sites, the language and vicious debates are horrible.

This is a great site. Folks come here to learn about guitar and have mature discussions. Sure, we disagree and squabble a little bit now and then, but overall you will not find another site where members show such respect for each other. And everybody is here to help each other as well.

Yea well I'm a vulgar, beer-guzzlin', immature old person with a short fuse! :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :wink:

By the way....

Welcome To GN Scott!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

being 43 with 2 small children looking over my shoulder really makes me appreiciate the family atmosphere here.

Welcome Scott! I'm turning the big FOUR-OH next week, with three young ones, so I know what you're talking about. This really is a well-run forum.

I'll be doing the same in September...at lease you're older than me!! :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I'm a young fellow myself, turning 18 the fall, but compared to all the other sites I've ever been apart of, I see the maturity in this forum that seperates it from others.

However, there have been several moments in the past years where tempers have flarred, and things have been said, but all in all, it's a good peacefull place.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@lord_ariez)
Reputable Member

Welcome Scott!

I'm one of the younger guys here. I have been to allot of other guitar forums before stumbling on this gem here, and I've gotta agree, the arguments are ridiculous! It seems like there are no moderators at all!

Playing the guitar is always a learning experience, whether your 43, 80, or 22 like myself. You'll never know everything and being able to come here and ask a question without being ridiculed is deffinatly something I'm very appreciative of.

Now of these old farts would stop making fun of the drummers I'd be in heaven!!!!!!! :wink: :D

'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at [email protected]..... no icq anymore

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

If you think we're old farts you should go over to the Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum. There the discussions are all about the finer points of nut widths, wood grain, scalloped versus non scalloped bracing, and how several thousand for a guitar is a bargain!

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

The mood of this forum along with the real deal advice is what makes me stick around. I have SINNED from time to time and strayed to other sites but am soon back in the fold appreciating the no flame mentality. Thanx everyone!
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@catsworth)
Estimable Member

Have to agree, this is without a doubt the best run forum, with the best membership, that I have ever been a party to.

It's a priviledge to be able to post here, I only hope that one day I will be able to give back as much as I get out.

Rumour has it that if you play Microsoft CDs backwards you will hear Satanic messages.

Worse still, is that if you play them forwards they will install Windows.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I have been around here for only about a year and 3 months, but still I am in awe sometimes. It amazes me how we pretty much stay on topic, how we can stray out a little bit now and then without too much problem.

To be sure, you can thank yourselves for being as mature as you can when posting. But the end all credit really goes out to Nick, David, and all the other MODS that spend alot of time reading the posts and keeping a big stick close by to make us mind, now and then.

I do go to other sites, now and then, but this is home and I always expect it to be this way.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

Yep, this is a very well run forum. All forums are not created equal.

On another forum, UG. I asked if I should adjust my truss rod after changing string sizes. Some guy told me to turn it one full turn and if that wasn't enough to turn it 2 or 3 more turns. That kinda stuff is normal on that forum and plenty of others too.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

I'm glad I found here too.

Thanks for the nice words, and hopefully you will become a "regular" as well.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote