The prodigal guitarist returns.

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hello!

It feels like a lifetime since I last posted here. I looked at my profile, and it seems to have been about three years. That means I didn't introduce Mariposa before my unintended absence.

She is my pride and joy, a 1996 Guild A25 guitar. She came home with me after I gave a talk in Exeter, and visited a well-known guitar shop there. Played Martins that day...nothing sang like she does!

Pictures are here

With all best wishes to everybody for the coming year,

Shady

Take care,

Casey

(@alangreen)

Welcome home, dude.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

That's a beauty. I hope it's being played on a regular basis!

Welcome back, Shady. My best wishes to you, your family and friends for a terrific 2014.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Oh, yes, David. :)

I don't play live with her, because I don't trust anybody to put a pick up in...although perhaps she wouldn't need it. I have a recording session at some point next year, so she'll be on those tracks.

Thanks for the good wishes, and I wish you and yours the same.

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

I have a recording session at some point next year, so she'll be on those tracks.

Now if you think you can just waltz in here, drop off this news, and zoom off without any more details...

Even if it's just for you, this is news worthy of sharing! Looking forward to getting a chance to hear about it and maybe even hear the recordings.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

OK, David...you twisted my arm.

This year has been great for me in terms of playing live. I've been going to three venues a week for the past few months. None of it would have happened if a friend hadn't launched her EP at one of them. I began to play a song of mine called 'Night Light' quite regularly, and it's become a staple of my set. I can have a roomful of people singing along to the chorus quite quickly. One of my fellow musicians came up to me at the end of the session in June, and said 'You've never heard of me, but I've been writing and releasing music for 30 years, and I'd buy your stuff.'

'Night Light' is the song that he is most keen on, and at some point in the New Year, he is hoping to have his home studio back up and running following a move. He has offered me the chance to have that song recorded, plus another (or maybe a couple of others...we'll see what time we have on the day.)

Although I have the option of playing my electroacoustic (pictured in my avatar) I would love to have Mariposa on the tracks, as that capped off a crazy 2011 for me.

Thanks for asking,

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Welcome back!

BTW nice guitar :)

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, Nuno. She's a dream. :)

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Wonderful report of 2013! And we'll definitely be looking for updates about the recording as it happens. Would love to buy whatever you end up recording whether it's a single song, an EP or a disc full of originals.

Happy New Year!

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Buy...now that's a heck of a compliment. :) Honestly don't know whether I'm at that level yet, but thank you very much.

Happy New Year to all of my friends at GN!

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Guilds are great. Nice guitar!

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote