Notifications
Clear all

THE STATE OF MUSIC

20 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member

I have to say sorry, i have had a bad week and have a bad habit of getting overly passionate about things, :-/ i know this is a flaw and i sound seriousely arrogant. I also appologise to promedics for my attack on his personal view of money and downloadin etc etc.

that done ill try and behave in future  :D

This signature is a forgery.

ReplyQuote
(@teen_guitarist)

In my opinion the current "state of music" has never been so bad. It's all about selling sex with zero talent, like *ahem* Britney, all the boys bands, and Beyonce . . . it's pathetic. People made a big deal out of Michelle Branch when she first hit the scene just because she could actually play a guitar and write lame pop songs. Isn't that sad? It's the MUSIC idustry, shouldn't EVERY artist play an instrument, write songs, and play live? Oh well, 50 years from now, no one will care for the lame pop music of today. Long live Rock N' Roll.

And I'm sorry, just wanted to say that I argree that downloading is stealing and I've never done it. The artists and the producers and all the other behind-the-scenes people who work hard to make that music deserve it. And it's not just you stealing the music, it's an awful lot of people, and all that downloading adds up to an awful lot of lost money for the artists. Please be considerate and pay for the music you enjoy. It's worth it. Thanks.

"After Changes upon changes, we are more or less the same." Paul Simon

ReplyQuote
(@rage_nirvana_nin)
Eminent Member

yeah todays music state is horrible but i mean beyonce is fine and well she freakin FINE ... and those lame pop-punk bands Simple Plan , Good Charlotte , and that crud. But I do like some new bands like Thursday and Thrice , Linkin Park , and stuff,

We have to ask ourselves. What would Ultralord do?

ReplyQuote
(@teen_guitarist)

well yeah, i argree it's not ALL bad . . . i was speaking just in general, you know? and yes, i hate the simple plan-like crap stuff too. when it comes to posers, though, avril lavigne's the worst :P

"After Changes upon changes, we are more or less the same." Paul Simon

ReplyQuote
(@ajcharron)
Estimable Member

About stealing music: Read Janis Ian's articles (go to interviews, Janis Ian, there's a link there). She's been in the business 40 years and is quite happy with people downloading her music: her sales have gone up 300% since...

Also, look at the Indie industry. They don't get played on the radio, so downloading is the only way for them to get known. Before Napster, the Indie bands sold less than 1% of everything out there, now they sell over 20%: people now know they exist.

And music has changed a lot. Since the 80s it's become much more of an industry than it ever was. Support the Indie side of the business and things will change. For a while at least!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2