Clear all

The wrongest thing ever

39 Posts
32 Users
0 Likes
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

What are Gibson Thinking? This just isnt right....

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Guitar%20of%20the%20Week/Reverse%20Flying%20V/

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Well if it sux as a guitar you could probably use it as an arrow with a really big bow.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

LMAO!!! You two are too funny.

I'd heard about this guitar. Seems it was a 7th grade woodworking project and after a while they realized they put the fretboard on the wrong end.

Vic,...7th grade. The one above 6th and the one you need to get through before you can go to 8th. About the time the birds and the bees start singing. :twisted:

And flying V's can also hover.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

:shock: Being a Gibby V player, that guitar is horrid. It really looks like a mistake that Gibby wants to cash in on.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member

You could use it to direct traffic or sumthin. :lol:

That thing would suck to play sitting down as well as looking horrid.

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I dunno, I kinda like it. I don't think I would ever play a flying V guitar though, you better be real good if you come out on stage with a guitar like that.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

I'd heard about this guitar. Seems it was a 7th grade woodworking project and after a while they realized they put the fretboard on the wrong end. :lol:

I think this one is an idea they should've scrapped, & I like a lot of weird guitar ideas. Wonder what ole' Les thinks about it?

ReplyQuote
(@maliciant)
Reputable Member

I don't dislike this one on appearance any more than a regular flying V, but the functional aspects are issues... I think it would be better if the arrow pointed more at a 45 degree angle toward the ground (basically flat with the fretboard) or something.

Maybe we're just being too traditional about the use of a guitar, this is probably not intended to be played sitting down, this is a guitar for a PERFORMANCE, and every good performance should involve a few things, live music, electricity, maybe some lights, using your guitar as a grappling hook to get up into the rafters with those lights... a flaming table perhaps and some wrestlers. Perhaps the titanic could have been saved if the band was playing one of these guitars, it could double as an anchor. It's also the ideal guitar for fishing boat captains, provides mood altering music, and handy for catching killer whit sharks that have been terrorizing beaches (and the theme to jaws takes 2 seconds to learn, no need for the guitar to be in tune, busted strings, fishing line will most likely work...)

ReplyQuote
(@guitarhack)
Reputable Member

i think its another bad idea in a string of bad ideas by Gibson recently. i think the GT series cheesy, and the Menace series...come on! or maybe im just still a little sore about their decision to further neglect the lefties.

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Vic,...7th grade. The one above 6th and the one you need to get through before you can go to 8th. About the time the birds and the bees start singing. :twisted:

I remember the 7th grade, Bish. Those were the three longest years of my life!!!

Maybe if the bottom had a red splash on it to make it look like it was used as it was designed for.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Good to see guitarists are every bit as conservative as the day the original Flying V was presented. :D

ReplyQuote
(@rmorash)
Estimable Member

If you were playing in a pub you could use it to direct people to the washroom.....

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

looks just as bad as the first flying v, if your playing something that looks thats ridiculous youd better be able to play it VERY well :S

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I guess they were looking for a failsafe design that QC couldn't mess up?

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

Eurgh :shock: that's one horrible looking guitar!

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3