Clear all

Things To Checkout While In Nashville

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

The girlfriend and I will be in Nashville Monday evening for a concert (Green Day and Jimmy Eat World). We've decided to stay the evening and spend Tuesday seeing the town. I've driven through Nashville a lot of times, but never actually stopped and seen the town. Ironic since I only live two and half hours away, eh? Any suggestions on things to see? Music and guitar related, of course. :D

The Country Music Hall of Fame is on the list, but I guess I'm looking for maybe lesser known things to check out. Like any really nice music stores or guitar shops, things like that.

Anyone from the area with some ideas? Thanks!

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

crank, i live in nashville, check out music row , it has great music store, great bars that have great live music of all types, have fun 8)

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

Check out the Bluebird Cafe (If it still exists) - Great jam sessions with local writers and players.

BS

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

bob, the bluebird is alive and well, great place

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

My dad was in Nashville on business a couple weeks back and brought me back a shirt from BB King's Blues Club, and some pics from the Gruhn Guitar Store. I would definitely go there. Check out the site.

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks everyone! Music row, Bluebird Cafe, and the BB King Blues Club. The blues club sounds fantastic. Just the kind of thing I was looking for.

Now if I could only come back with some new gear ... :D

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Wanted to thank everyone for the suggestions.

The Green Day concert ended up getting canceled. We didn't know until we actually walked up to the doors. We made the best of it though and went down to BB King's Blues Club. Very cool place and an excellent band playing. The guitar player (wish I could remember his name) there was using a guitar I'd never seen before. When I asked him about it, he ended up sitting down at our table for a good 20 minutes and talked guitars. It was a Musicvox Spaceranger guitar. Turns out that band Ming Tea in Austin Powers used them. Odd looking guitar, but sounded great. I think he was playing into a Fender Concert Reverb.

Then we headed to Bluebird Cafe. A guy named Mike Henderson was playing some blues. That guy can play! Excellent, excellent stuff. Saw Vince Gill there enjoying the show. The only down side (according to my girlfriend) was that I got a little too drunk and proceeded to chat with anyone and everyone.

Tuesday we ate at the Hard Rock and then went to Opry Mills mall. Checked out the huge Gibson store there and picked up some swag (no gear though :cry: ).

So no concert, but had a good time regardless.

ReplyQuote