Clear all

think i made a good choice this time............hopefully

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@peaveywolfgang5150)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

well prob as some people know i have been on an endless quest to find the right pickup, i was getting tired of the sound of my wolfgang, it just seemed to lack that thud that i was looking for.......i have tried tone zone, super distortion, dimebucker, duncan distortion, i really didnt like them, so i was looking at the pickups guitar center had, and i bought something i think will be my match, i got emg ative pickups, the 81 and 85, the zakk wyld set, anyway somehow i got them new for 160 after tax. they are usually 200 bucks retail before tax, so i think this will be what i am looking for, i have played emgs, but always just for a couple of mins, so im really excited, im going to the guitar clinic and getting them installed sat. it didnt give anything about only having one volume knob and no tone knob, but i hope that is no big deal, but anyway just wanted to tell everyone and that i cant wait till they are in.

peace
eddie van halen..:)

(@rocker)
Noble Member

i have heard those are great pups, keep us posted 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@peaveywolfgang5150)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

well they are in the shop, it will be ready to rock on monday, and im counting down the seconds till

ReplyQuote
(@mr-poonski)

I have an EMG 85 in the bridge of my Jackson, and an 81 in my Charvel, and they both rock. I love 'em- very powerful and no background noise. I think you're going to be happy with your choice.

ReplyQuote
(@peaveywolfgang5150)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

i dont think it gets much hotter than emgs

ReplyQuote
(@peaveywolfgang5150)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW I LOVE THEM, ONCE I CHANGED THE 85 INTO THE BRIDGE IS SOUNDED AMAZING!!!!!!
IM SOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

job well done dude 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote