Clear all

Thought I might share this..

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@niiickmuse)
Topic starter  

(sorry if this is the wrong forum, btw)

In the new guitar world(october 07) with vai and satch on the cover, besides some interesting interviews, they also re printed vai's 10 hour guitar workout, with all sorts of things. Of course most of us don't have that time..but it's interesting to take ideas from and such.

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

You have "Guitar World" for OCTOBER 07? Any chance of next week's lottery numbers?

Not a big fan of Vai's, although technically he's a brilliant guitarist, that genre doesn't do much for me....imagine it'd be interesting though.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@niiickmuse)
Topic starter  

Haha, really I have no idea why I have the October one. If I DID have the lottery numbers, I wouldn't be sharing them, now would I? :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Pretty much ALL magazines which come out monthly in the US are running 4-6 weeks ahead of the actual date. I also have that issue at home (haven't read it yet). Not sure why they do it, but the cynic in me thinks that the publishers try to push one or two more issues a year out the door - thus increasing revenue.

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

I think it's because they want to ensure that it stays on the newstands until the next issue ships. Once August, for example, ends any magazine with an August date would be cleared from the shelves even if there is no new issue yet. This way if there is a reason to ship an issue late or they ship fewer than 12 issues a year (some magazines do) they still get the shelf space. Plus, the subscriber is often getting the magazine a week or two before it hits the newstands.

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
(@jonny-guitar)
Trusted Member

You can I also read his ten hour workout thing on his website, I believe. I read a bit of it. He had a very Zen approach. Kinda cool.

ReplyQuote
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

I'm afraid mine would be a much shorter read. A couple of items with a couple of bullets each. Probably a 20 to 45 minute work-out when I have time. And the results are much less than 1/20 of Vai's.

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

ReplyQuote
(@guitarhack)
Reputable Member

i also have that issue, and im looking forward to making some of Vai's excersizes a part of my practice regiment. i have to side with Vic in the sense that im not a fan of Vai's music either. but theres no denying that hes a master of the fretboard, and i would certainly love to improve my technique.
a little off topic, but since we're talking about Guitar World magazine...was anyone else disappointed with the Van Halen "interview" in the previous issue? i say "interview" because it was more like a 4 page infomercial for his new amp. i mean, i know people are going to plug their new product, whether its a cd, book, tour, whatever. but thats ALL they talked about in this piece.

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@basilisk)

It's so that their magazine looks most recent.

Imagine you're trying to choose between two competing magazines, and one is for August while one is for July - chances are you'll choose the August one because its the most 'recent' when really they could have been brought out at the same time.

Doesn't happen so much with Guitar magazines for me, I'll choose based on the articles, but when it comes to Current Events and Gossip and stuff its quite easy to see the publishers logic.

ReplyQuote