Clear all

thumb and bassline help...

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@questionmark)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi!, I'm trying to learn the song Angie by Burt Jansch and when I'm playing the bassline on the E string I have started to play the string with my thumb.
But I don't play it with the tipp off the thumb i hold the string where the thumb bends. This hurts a bit when I move the thumb, but I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if it just takes a while to get used to it?
How do you use your thumb when playing?
( I had to add "while playing" otherwise I probarbly would have gotten really strange answers...)

peace in our time

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I do it pretty much the same way. When I first started doing it hurt very little but, enough to know. It also went away very quickly, 2 days 3 tops.

ReplyQuote
(@tfroberg)
Eminent Member

I'm working on that same song, but all the tabs I've found have been a tad off. Do you have a working tab/sheetmusic for that?

This space for rent

ReplyQuote
(@questionmark)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Nope I found this tab:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/bert_jansch/anji_tab.htm

and is working from it altough it is'nt 100 %. But it's a really hard song, especially att the right speed

peace in our time

ReplyQuote
(@tfroberg)
Eminent Member

Thanks for the tab - it looks better than a lot of others I've found for this song. Now I won't have any other execuse for not being able to play this but my lack of fingerpicking skills... :wink:

This space for rent

ReplyQuote