Clear all

Time to move...

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@idiot85204)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

So our neighbor is very angry about the beautiful sounds we are making for him :D ....

What kind of options do you think we have for moving our equipment elsewhere?

Help is greatly appreciated. :D :D :D

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

A little more details would have helped. Do you live in a house? An apartment? Do you have a basement?

Try bringing your volume way down and put up some soundproofing.

How many people are playing, what amps do you have, what kind of music are you playing?

Details man, Details! :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@nwoodgirl)
Trusted Member

When it is my turn to host band practice I give my neighbors advanced notice. I also know that the neighbors on one side of the house dislike the noise so I keep the windows on that side shut. I open the ones on the back side as their son is a drummer. :D Also, we are old so practice starts mid afternoon and we finish up early so we can get home to kids/spouses. So far this has worked for me. No police at the door.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I could tell some great stories about folks calling in complaint's. One time I played a pool party down in Tempe, AZ. We were set up by the pool for a party. We were asked numerous times by the Tempe police and university cops to turn down. Well that usually only lasted one or two songs. Then it was right back to Stadium levels..lol Over the course of just about every other night we got called for being to loud most of the policemen knew us band members by name. We made a great out door party band.

Anyway this particular night I got a ticket. They had so many folks call in from Don Carlos & Mclintock all the way to the university. They just had to write someone a ticket. The ticket said that 51 people called and complained. I showed for my court date. Standing there in front of the judge he was shacking his head with a grin on his face. The judge says aren't you the one that was popping wheel's in the parking lot with a Hot rod 67 camero. I answered, Yes Sir that was me.

With a few choice words of wisdom the Hand-Crafted Walnut Gavel fell that echoed through out the court room. he said, $36.00 pay the clerk as you leave. I know this had nothing to do with the question asked but its one of those guitar players stories that goes down in history.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Great story Joe, now it's my turn.

Many years ago my younger brother, my brother-in-law, good friend and I had a band. We were pretty good too. We had lots of originals, but we also played covers of the time like the Talking Heads, XTC, Pink Floyd, Devo, Pink Floyd, etc..... We were into pretty wierd stuff.

We would practice at my brother's apartment. He had neighbors on both sides. We were pretty loud.

One snowy day a Police officer knocked on the door. We answered and he told us the neighbors had complained and we needed to bring it down. He was very friendly and polite about it. We told him we were finished anyway, so there would be no more problems.

He thanked us and started to walk away, but turned around and came back. He said, "You know I heard you guys when I was coming up, you're pretty good. What is the name of your band?" My brother in his perfect dead-pan style said, "Uranus" (that was really our name too). The officer looked shocked and said, "WHAT is your name?" My brother, once again, looking the officer right in the eye just said, "Uranus". The officer looked at each one of us with almost a look of unbelief and walked away.

I will never forget that.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote