Notifications
Clear all

To people with more than one guitar

63 Posts
32 Users
0 Likes
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I'm currently down to 3 guitars. My Epiphone Les Paul Classic Plus, Fender American Deluxe Tele and my Fender electric/acoustic.

My LP stays in drop d most of the time now and I've been playing it the most recently. Mainly because I've been enjoying my new Metal Zone pedal a bit too much. I'll eventually get back to cleaner sounds and then my Tele will get all the play for weeks. So I go in cycles apparently but each guitar gets its fair share of abuse, er, use. :)

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@decieved)
Trusted Member

kinda reminds me of when i bought a strat. it was probably the worst decision because i havent touched it since the day i bought it!

ReplyQuote
(@mr-poonski)

I alternate between the three electrics pretty evenly, depending on my mood-

The Ovation is a nylon string 1624 and is played as much as possible, I was classically trained early on and I still like to play whenever possible. The 1624 has a normal-width neck and is easy to play back to back with the others.

I rarely play the Charvel 625C acoustic, just not my style.

The Jackson ('87 SL1) is really my main guitar as it basically plays anything. Excellent clean sound (EMG 85/SA/SA) and also a great rocker. The SG ('82 Firebrand Deluxe) is geared more towards blues and classic rock. The blue Charvel (built it myself from Ebay parts) screams for old Van Halen.

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Poonski, you have EMG pups in ALL your guitars??

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I alternate between the three electrics pretty evenly, depending on my mood-

The Ovation is a nylon string 1624 and is played as much as possible, I was classically trained early on and I still like to play whenever possible. The 1624 has a normal-width neck and is easy to play back to back with the others.

I rarely play the Charvel 625C acoustic, just not my style.

The Jackson ('87 SL1) is really my main guitar as it basically plays anything. Excellent clean sound (EMG 85/SA/SA) and also a great rocker. The SG ('82 Firebrand Deluxe) is geared more towards blues and classic rock. The blue Charvel (built it myself from Ebay parts) screams for old Van Halen.

The Charvel acoustic top left ....... I have one almost identical to it except mine has no sound hole. It's an acoustic / electric so I think the no hole idea was to control feedback. Nice collection of axes! 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@mr-poonski)

Poonski, you have EMG pups in ALL your guitars??

I did at that time, not now though. I bought the SG new in '82 and replace the original pickups in '85 with EMGs (58/H). Last September I replaced them back to the original pickups. Sounds awesome. EMGs in the other two, though.

ReplyQuote
(@mordeth)
Estimable Member

I added an epiphone les paul 100 to my collection today, up to 3 now - yamaha pacifica and a stagg acoustic as well.
tbh i wasnt expecting much from the epiphone, got it from a friend as a trade for an amp, but ive got to say it is fantastic.
love at first strum you might say :)
still struggling to name her, but we'll get there.

This is my signature. Fear it.

ReplyQuote
(@mr-poonski)

The Charvel acoustic top left ....... I have one almost identical to it except mine has no sound hole. It's an acoustic / electric so I think the no hole idea was to control feedback. Nice collection of axes! 8)

Thanks! The 625C is actually a pretty nice guitar. Very comfortable neck (sort of a triangular profile) with nice action. You don't see too many Charvel acoustics.

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

Hot looking Yellow Jackson.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@mr-poonski)

Hot looking Yellow Jackson.

Thanks- here's a better picture:

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

That looks great. Normally I wouldn't like a yellow guitar but that one grabs me. I need to get a stand like that just for taking photos of my guitars outside. When I take pics inside they just don't turn out that good.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@mr-poonski)

That looks great. Normally I wouldn't like a yellow guitar but that one grabs me. I need to get a stand like that just for taking photos of my guitars outside. When I take pics inside they just don't turn out that good.

Yeah, it's definitely better to take them in natural light if you can do it. That's not a solid yellow, by the way, it has a slight metallic flake. They call it "Pearl Yellow".

You can see it better here-

I love the guitar, bought it used in '89. Very easy to play, never goes out of tune, I've never had to adjust the neck (have to adjust my others regularly with our wonderful Maine weather), and it sounds awesome on both clean and distortion.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

our wonderful Maine weather

What part of Maine are you in? When I was a kid my Dad was stationed at Loring AFB just outside of Limestone. I spent a lot of time in Caribou and Presque Isle. I don't miss the weather, though! :D

Pretty guitar, btw!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@mr-poonski)

our wonderful Maine weather

What part of Maine are you in? When I was a kid my Dad was stationed at Loring AFB just outside of Limestone. I spent a lot of time in Caribou and Presque Isle. I don't miss the weather, though! :D

Pretty guitar, btw!! :D

Thanks! I live in Ellsworth, which is on the coast near Bar Harbor. Several hours away from Loring AFB, though. I was born & raised in Maine but moved away in the early 90s- lived in Lancaster Cty PA, Long Island NY, Raleigh, Southern CA, and Europe. I moved back here a few years ago and love it.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Mr Poonski - what's that black contraption on the nut of the Jackson? Is it something to do with the tremolo arm? Stop it going too much out of tune, perhaps?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5