Tremolo Picking w/ fingers

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Long
(@long)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone here have any tips for tremolo picking without using a pick? I've seen it done and I'd like to improve at it.

(@clazon)
Honorable Member

I've seen some good blues and bass players just do very quick, repetitive blues triplets using index/middle/ring. It's kinda the same but not really, but I'm sure it's not the way anyone else will suggest on here, so I just thought I'd throw it in. :)

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I've seen some good blues and bass players just do very quick, repetitive blues triplets using index/middle/ring. It's kinda the same but not really, but I'm sure it's not the way anyone else will suggest on here, so I just thought I'd throw it in. :)

Classical players do it the same way. Alternating thumb and index (p/i) might seem a natural for a beginner (I just need to practice to get faster!), but it's anatomically impossible to trem pick p/i as fast as with just the fingers. Thumb, index, middle and ring (p/i/m/a) also works.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 Long
(@long)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I've seen Sonny Landreth do it using just his middle finger. I want to figure out how he does it.

ReplyQuote