Clear all

uh jack it in

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@cebuguitarist)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

what are those things that you can jack into an electric guitar, but instead of going to an amp it broadcoasts it on a certain radio station? Are they any good and where could i get them?

i want to be the next greatest rockstar. First, I need help.

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

The ones I tried years ago didn't work very well and sounded terrible. They may have improved on them since then. I would say save your money and buy a wireless guitar system, like a Samson or Nady to name a couple.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

I've only played with them a bit, but wasn't impressed. Frankly, they don't have the responsiveness of a wireless plugged into an amp.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I got an E-mail yesterday that the Electar wireless system's on sale at http://musicyo.com/ Electar's a Gibson house brand (acquired with the Epiphone purchase in the '50s) that they seem to use for test-marketing stuff that later gets modified in appearance a bit and brought out under the Epi or Gibson names at inflated prices. I tossed the E-mail, not being in the market for a wireless system, but you might want to look at it.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@andrewlubinus89)
Estimable Member

Here's another option: http://www.dvforge.com/jamplug_fm.shtml

A hoopy frood knows where his towel is....

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Nice find on that link andrewlubinus89. It looks like those folks have put some time and work into building that JamPlug FM. That maybe worth the 50.00 just see how it works. I liked how they said it even makes noise like a tube amp. Kind of a clue that the reception my not be that good. The one I tried once looked like snuff can with a 1/4" jack on it. It didn't sound to good on a front room stereo, by it sounded pretty cool coming over the cordless phone.

joe

ReplyQuote