Clear all

Under water...

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@audioboy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

My squier strat sounds like its under water when I play it...i cant tell if its the amp or the actual guitar. Anyone have any ideas on which it is?

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

You do not happen to be using a chorus pedal do you? Or does your amp have chorus effect? You probably have it turned to max.

I have an old Arion Stereo Chorus pedal. This thing is actully sought for nowadays.

Anyway, if you turn all the controls to max, it sounds just like being underwater. I actually love this effect.

Like Lawrence Welk used to say, "Now watch the pretty bubbles, a one, and a two...." :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Like Lawrence Welk used to say, "Now watch the pretty bubbles, a one, and a two...." :D

Didn't he also say "A tank you boyz!"? :wink:

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@tahitiijack)
Eminent Member

There are a lot of surf music bands that are searching for your tone...... Among the things to do is change the strings.

Happy Sunsets!

ReplyQuote
(@becksbolero)
Estimable Member

Omg Wes,you are such a musician,I watched Lawrence Welk for the great guitarists and their soft mellow tones,I still watch welk today for that!!!!!

GG

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

becksbolero

I watched because he had some really pretty girls on his show. 8)

Lawrence Welk rocked. It was a great show with great music. I like all sorts of music even polka and waltzes. And the first instrument I had lessons on was the accordian.

A & L, I believe he did say that. I don't think his show would have been the success it was without his thick German accent. And Ed Sullivan was the same,

"We have a really big shoe for you tonight!" :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Wes the thought of you with an accordian scares me! Maybe you should bring it back your band would love it "Wierd Wes Inman"!!!! 8)

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

art&lutherie

I wrote on this a few days back, the thread about "what got you started playing guitar" or something similar.

When I was a Cub Scout my den mother must have seen my interest in music and gave me free accordian lessons. I think I had about 5 or 6 lessons. It was funny, I was a very short and skinny little kid. I don't think I weighed 70 pounds. This was a full sized accordian, it may have weighed as much as me. I remember that thing hanging around my neck, man it was heavy!

We moved shortly thereafter. So there went my career on accordian.

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member

I have had that problem. Your tone sounds very heavy and low and thick. almost like your playing through butter its just not clean. (if thats what your talking about anyways) Your "Low" Volume knob on your amp if you have one is way to high. Thats why it sounds so bassy and thick. Just turn up your Lead, Gain, Or "high" Knob, and or turn down your low knob. Im pretty sure its not the guitar.

-M-Man

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Oh yeah, the Lawrence Welk show rocked!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

yaaa, lawrence had it goin on, can you guys believe this ? we are on the best guitar site in the world and were talkin about lawrence welk, we do need help lol

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote