[Video] John Mayer with John Scofeild Jay Leno Show 6/15/05

15 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

*new link*

http://rapidshare.de/files/2428343/john_scofeild_ft_john_mayer-i_dont_need_no_doctor__live_on_jay_leno_-ovs.wmv.html

scroll down click Free, then on the next page scroll down again and wait for the timer to go down, so the download link shows.

hes changed 8) he looks different now, more bluesy IMO. no more of his pop stuff hopefully. this is from last night.

go into videos and download the scofeild one.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

christ, 4 hour long download... Goin at 3.2 kb/s...lol. Usually can get this thing at 500-600.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

saw that last night good performance. Mayers playing is definatley taking on a darker more bluesy feel

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

that Scofield feller looks remarkably like Robert Duvall (spelling)

I'm still trying to watch it. I think the download cut off about half way for some reason. Anyone that has it that can send it to me on AIM by any chance?

From what I have seen in the video, he sounds quite a bit like SRV (singing wise, at the Crossroads Guitar festival, his playing was almost completly identical to SRV's, maybe he was doing a tribute?)

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

John Mayer is an interesting character to me. I have always been a bit torn about him. When I first heard his stuff I hated it--sounded like a Dave Mathews wannabe. And I always got the impression that he didn't particularly enjoy the pop stuff he was playing either, but had to play it to make the money, and he really just wants to play some guitar.

When put in that sort of jam situation, I felt the guy could flat out play, but was just sounding too much like SRV. The last few times I've heard him though, the guitar playing still has been great, but he's sounding less and less like SRV and more original. I think he's starting to get more confident in his own playing and doesn't need to sound like SRV. He's supposedly putting out an album that highlights guitar playing. Just playing good guitar and not caring about record sales (notice he's not really playing much of the Dave Mathews type stuff now). It could be interesting. Rumor has it he also will make an appearance on Clapton's new album.

BTW, saw the Leno video last night and the thing I noticed even more than his guitar playing was his singing. Much better as far as I'm concerned, as he was always trying to sound too much like Dave Mathews.

Perhaps I'm overestimating the guy (and I'm still not completely sold on him), but I think he could put out some interesting music.

ReplyQuote
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

im uploading a better quality video to rapidshare right now. so dont bother getting the video in that link i psoted.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

Yeah I felt the same way about his pop stuff, be he really is a great guitarist. Hopefully he'll use his fame to help shed some more light on blues and blues rock.

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

I used to hate him until I saw him play with Buddy Guy and Double Trouble man he can kick donkey when he's playing the blues!

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Art, was that on Austin City Limits? I saw him play there, too. I was pretty impressed with his playing. He's definately peaked my interest.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Art, was that on Austin City Limits? I saw him play there, too. I was pretty impressed with his playing. He's definately peaked my interest.

Yeah I finally got a recording of it last time around.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

pique, not peak, just so you'll know.

ReplyQuote
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

well, john mayer said his #1 influence in guitar ever, is SRV. he listened to SRV all day every day. and still uses the SRV sig strat, which was one of his first strats, live. mayers own signiture fender strat is also a variation on he SRV strat.

ReplyQuote
(@shibby)
Estimable Member

I didn't care for him much until I took my girlfriend to one of his shows. Live his stuff is more guitar oriented. You can tell he really loves to play and he is pretty funny too.

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Some of the stuff he does when he plays...Gotta be honest, it just freaks me out. Turns me off from the music, its a distraction.

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Rich do you have a new addy for that download?

ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote