Clear all

Wah pedals

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

i really want a wah for my guitar and ive been searching. Im convnced that the vox pedal is simply better in more ways than any dunlop cry baby. Does anyone agree with me?

Anyways, I read that while u have the pedal plugged in, but its off, it really cuts off the high frequencies of your tone. To corect this, some wahs have a true bypass or something. As i was reading, there are many how -to kits to bypassing ur own wah. I have worries about this. Is it worth gtting the vox clyde wah for $150, which has a built in bypass or get the $99 vox wah and bypass it myself?

(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

I think it would depend on how profficient you are with electronics and soddering.

Also, the clyde VOX pedal can be used with an AC adapter.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

You'll find everyone will have their opinion of which Wah pedal they like better than others. Myself I use Morley pedals volume and Wah. No need to do any Mods on them. I do have a few of the other pedals I no longer use because the either just wore out or they have always made to much noise. Even a noise gate can't completely cut the noise.

my opinion.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member

i like the boss v10 personally. versitile, brilliant tone and built in dist... one bad thing is the only way to kill the dist is to actually turn the drive right down, but other than that its one of my faves.

This signature is a forgery.

ReplyQuote
(@dcarroll)
Reputable Member

i would go try them all out if you want, make sure you get on thats true bypass otherwise it will take a bit out of your tone.

i got a crybaby and then modded it so it's true bypass.

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

did you mod it yourself? if you did where did you find out how
Also, what model crybaby do you have?

If you could tell me, it would be helpful instead of spending an extra $25 for the vox

thanks

ReplyQuote
(@death_to_theory)
Trusted Member

go for the morley wah

ReplyQuote
(@dcarroll)
Reputable Member

the crybaby is like the gcb85 or something like that.

I found the directions somewhere online all you do it replace the switch and resolder a couple things.

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

I'm a big fan of the feel of the morleys, I like the larger sweep distance, and the (perceived?) greater control, but lately I find myself not particularly liking the sound.

I'm leaning toward the vox, but I'm keeping my ears open.

Which site did you go to for modding directions?

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

here undercat, this is where i first read about wahs and the bypass, it gives you instruciyons for the general setup asnd electronics of a wah

http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/wahmod/wahmod.htm

ReplyQuote