Skip to content
Want to work on my ...

Notifications
Clear all

Want to work on my ear, good easy songs to try to tab out?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey. When ever I want to learn a song I like, I just get to google and search for a good tab for it. Well I'd really like to start working on my ear, I think this would really improve me as a musician. What are some good basic songs to try to tab out and develope my ear on? Any thing else that might help me develope my ear? websites or exercises? Thanks.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

It might not be your cup of tea, but since you're looking for something to tab and I'm looking to get something tabbed....... :?: Please, if you like, check out my post "Help! Rhythm Guitar - Emmylou Harris". :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@call_me_kido)
Estimable Member

Flake by Jack Johnson is a good way to go...in fact most of is peices are easilly transposable.

Kido

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, will try both of them. Altho that Emmylou Harris song looks a little advanced being that I've only tabbed out one part of a song sucessfully by myself.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote