Clear all

Warning for teachers: internet scam

19 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

Lets just take them out and shot them, weenies! arg, venting off.
Thaanks to the link, I did pass the story to my buds. Feel you are right and we will not be able to stop or even hinder them. Bummer :(

John M

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

Simular e:mail doing the aussie trip now got one today

the sender may have thought to have a break in OZ

oops (aussie & oz short for austrlia )

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Here's an interesting site I just ran across: http://ebolamonkeyman.com/

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@morpheus)
Trusted Member

The technical name of this scam is advance fee fraud. Most law enforcement agencies in the US won't even look at this until someone has actually been victimized. Unfortunately there are many victims. I used to work at a complaint desk where I would get a couple calls a week from people who had been defrauded.

There are many people who periodically post their fun stories of messing around with these internet scams. I have some friends who are police officers. They once got one of these emails at their departments official email address. They had a blast playing with these guys, telling them if they did certain things they would do business with them. One of the officers has a large collection of pictures of some guy in Nigeria posing with different items and posters that have police related sayings written on them.

However, if your email address has your real name, I wouldn't play around with them. Even if they are in another country they are still criminals. And besides, it's like a junk mail list. They tend to share email addresses of people who play along.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2