Well I bought one!!...

Notifications
Clear all

Well I bought one!!!

55 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

If you have been following THIS THREAD you probably know that Rondo Music is the hot topic. Well I said in that thread that I was going to buy one of their guitars this morning and I did! However it's not what you think! I said I was going to either get the SX GG1 Ash or the Agile 2500 Herritage Cherry.

Well I got NIETHER! Can we have a drum roll please!................................................................................................................................................................................................

I bought the Agile AL-2000 Gold Hum! Now you're probably wondering why I changed my mind. Well I had 2 reasons....First was the price: $159 for an Agile 2000 is GREAT compared to the other 2000's going for $199. Now I know I said I wanted a woodgrain top but the second reason was the pictures on Rondo's eBay site! THese pictures are SOOOOO much better than the one's on Rondo's site and the gold finish just POPPED out at me!

Well now it's time to ask the panel: What do you think of my choice? Personally I am happy with the one I picked. If this guitar is as good quality as everyone has said then I wil purchase another guitar from Rondo. I sure hope shipping is fast! 8) 8) 8)

(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

I think that's a good looking guitar, and from what I understand a quality product. However, I'll wait until my SX comes in the mail and you tell us how you like yours before saying anything else.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Congrats on the new guitar! I know I'll be looking forward to your review. An Agile might be in my near future as well.

Have fun!

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member

I'll be waiting anxiously to hear what you think about it. I might also be making a contribution to Korea's GDP in the near future.

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

Congrats man, now you're jsut pushing all of us to buy some more guitars from rondo.

The second you get it...PICTURES please :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

man those are really nice, now i can't decide again... :?

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

man those are really nice, now i can't decide again... :?

Suck doesn't it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!

Look at it this way...they are cheap enough that you can save for another one in NO time! Even for those here who rely on their parents for cash it'll be easy to justify the amount...

ReplyQuote
(@mcdouggy)
Trusted Member

By the way, is there any way of getting Agile guitars in the UK?

Doug

Visit my band's website!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

By the way, is there any way of getting Agile guitars in the UK?

Doug

Right at the top http://www.rondomusic.com/team.htm "Occasionally ship to Western Europe". Wouldn't hurt to email and find out.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Well I just emailed Kurt at Rondo Music telling him about this forum and how I found his shop. I thought you might want to read what I wrote him:
Hello,

I just purchased a Agile AL-2000 Gold Hum this morning and I am excited to receive it! I just thought you might like to know HOW I found out about these guitars AND your store. I frequent a message board on the GuitarNoise Forum ( https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/index.php ) and someone started this thread: https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17473 asking for advice on buying an Epi LP. Well it just BALLOONED from there and now EVERYONE wants one! I even started my own thread here: https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17493 ! (Maybe you could give us GuitarNoise Members a discount!!) There is also someone wanting to know if you ship to the UK and what shipping would cost?

Anyway, I just thought you would like to know the good reputation you have in the guitar community. I am 38 years old and have only been playing for 6 weeks but the guitar bug has bitten me bad! I am hoping your guitars are everything people are claiming because you can count on me buying a few more! I am ANXCIOUSLY waiting my new purchase!

Thank You

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Well I must say Kurt does reply to emails FAST!!! Here is what He wrote:
Hi Michael,
I appreciate that info - Yes I am setting up an affiliate program for people
like yourself now. I will send you an email when it is setup and ready to
go!

kurt

Now whatever money you save when buying from Rondo can be deposited in my PayPal account directly! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

That's very cool!

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

:lol:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Mike,

Good deal! I've been eyeing some of those guitars myself too, for when the next G.A.S attack comes (It's been in remission, but the lab reports says humbucker count of zero is not healthy!)

Would love to see a review when you get your golden guitar.

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member

I hate to break from the theme of "Ronda-Mania" (which I'm also suffering from, by the way), but since Vink mentioned humbuckers, I thought I'd also mention that I bought one of the Oscar Schmidt OE-30's from Musician's Friend a while back. Two fat humbuckers, thick, rich hollow-body sound...all for about 150 bucks.

Aside from some setup issues (the nut needs to be lowered just a tad, I think), I'm very happy with it.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4