Notifications
Clear all

Well I bought one!!!

55 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

The tuners on my Agiles are great. I wouldn't replace them without first E-mailing Kurt and telling him about your complaint. I expect he'll fix you right up.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Mike: I haven't ever weighted my guitar but I can imagine 10lbs being way heavier then one would expect. It's one of the things I don't like about most LPs: they are some darn heavy and due to circumstances I just can't have it around my neck much. I'm sure you'll get used to the weight eventually.

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

The tuners on my Agiles are great. I wouldn't replace them without first E-mailing Kurt and telling him about your complaint. I expect he'll fix you right up.

That might be the difference between a higher priced Agile (like 2500?) that you have vs the lower price point SST 62 that itzks is taling about ..

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

That might be the difference between a higher priced Agile (like 2500?) that you have vs the lower price point SST 62 that itzks is taling about ..

the description for the 200o said Grover tuners...thoseshould be the same unless Grover makes different "levels" of tuners?

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

the description for the 200o said Grover tuners...thoseshould be the same unless Grover makes different "levels" of tuners?

The comment from itzks (sp?) was about an SX SST62, I believe. I just went and looked at the description of that guitar, and there is no mention of any specific tuners.

Like you say, I seem to remember that the Agile 2000 and 2500 are pretty close. My point was that one could possibly expect such differences between the SST62 and an Agile 2000 or 2500, which are priced higher. They had to spend less money on something to sell it cheaper ...

--vink

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

The comment from itzks (sp?) was about an SX SST62, I believe. I just went and looked at the description of that guitar, and there is no mention of any specific tuners.

Like you say, I seem to remember that the Agile 2000 and 2500 are pretty close. My point was that one could possibly expect such differences between the SST62 and an Agile 2000 or 2500, which are priced higher. They had to spend less money on something to sell it cheaper ...

OOPPSS! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: My bad...I thought you were comparing the 2000 with the 2500. Maybe I should learn how to read before I speak!

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Maybe I should learn how to read before I speak!
Oh, don't worry .. I've often had the "my fingers work faster than my brain" problem with work emails.

I just keep trying to avoid the "Open mouth, insert foot" problem :-)

--vink

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member

Well, I was going to order one of those Agiles on Saturday, but I had to go out of town and didn't get to it.

So, I was going to order it today when I saw that the SX I was looking at has dropped in price to $69.99. Unreal! I know that the SX's are supposed to be below the Agiles, but I have read good things about them, too and for $100 including shipping how can I lose!

I will post a review with my full experience when I get it. Totally excited! I can get my girlfriend an even better birthday present AND my GAS has been sated.

Win-win so far!

Oh, it's the SX GG1 SII BO BK, by the way. Rondo's pics are here:
http://www.rondomusic.net/product449.html

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Hope you like it, Moai!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

Yea, I hope you'll enjoy it, and I'm sure you will.

Remember, tell us what it's like, and don't forget the pictures!

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4