Clear all

What A Great Week!!!

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

If you've followed any of the past few threads, you've heard me go on and on about getting "the feeling" in my playing and learning a couple of tunes such as 'The Pusher' and 'Talks To Angels'.

Well, this was a memorable week for my guitar playing. I hooked up with that powertabs web site and something just clicked while watching the tabs/listening to the midi.

To make a long story short, I learned quite a few songs this week. Songs that I have tried and failed miserably are coming to me fairly decently now. I've learned 5 songs this week alone. (Melissa,The Pusher,Talks To Angels,The Needle And The Damage Done,Dead Or Alive) The highlight of the week was when a friend of mine who is learning as well was really impressed with 'The Pusher'.

The few songs I knew (aside from about 4 dozen I know just parts of) sound a lot better too.

Alas, I think the next thing to add to it all is singing. I cannot begin to tell you how boring and irritating 'She Talks To Angels' is to play without anything else. Kill me now! (I tried to start yesterday, but my son yelled at me from down stairs and my wife rushed the dogs out of the house. Not a pretty sight. She was muttering something about sounding like "Gilbert Godfried suffering with a groin pull.")

Well, time to throw good money after bad. $70 in pickups are going into my POS alt tuning axe this afternoon. (Ibanez GAX70)

Roy

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Congrats Roy! Yeah, powertab is really a great tool!

It's tough to learn to sing with people around. Good luck.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

^^^ :D

yeah that gilbert gets me every time

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

It's tough to learn to sing with people around. Good luck.Is it ever!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Congratz on the playing,
People in general and some animals are my worst critics when I sing :roll: They just don't know good singing when they hear it.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

They just don't know good singing when they hear it.

If it's anything like mine, I think the problem is that they DO know good singing when they hear it! If I start singing, the tomcats throw things at me!

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)
(I can offer no tips with regard to singing and if you ever heard me sing you'd understand. Count your blessings!)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote