Notifications
Clear all

What Are You Currently Working On?

49 Posts
34 Users
0 Likes
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member

I got myself two files, one blue and one red. I've put stuff I can play well enough to get away with at a BBQ in the blue folder, and stuff I'm working on or on my wishlist in the red folder. Now all I have to do is keep them upto date :)

I've been working on Comfortably Numb and Mother from Pink Floyd, because Dave Gilmours style is an excellent starting point for solos and also practising bend technique. I've also been working on some Europe songs - Cherokee and Heart of Stone.

My absolutely out of reach but fun to practice is Skynnards Freebird. Love the lyrics, love the wailing end solo. I can play it up to the 2nd repetitive section of the solo, or in other words, I can do the first bit lol. I've only been practising it for an hour though.

Flyyyyy Highhhhhh FREEEEEEEBIRD YEAH! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@scott58)
Trusted Member

^I'm a gilmour fan also. Just about have Coming back to life and sorrow down. Lot of trem work on the later. Been wearing out the pulse dvd learning to play them. Got the tone down pretty well with my POD/Variax.

Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean 79 ML (silverBurst) Dean 79 ML Arctic White
Dean V-Wing Dove
Wampler SuperPlextortion - Skreddy Lunar Module
Peavey Transtube 110 EFX - Vox DA20 - Valve Jr Head/Cab
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
H2O Chorus/Echo

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I am trying to figure out how Jerry Reed plays the guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I am trying to figure out how Jerry Reed plays the guitar.

With his fingers and/or a pick - leastways, that's how he PLAYED the guitar.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4