0 Likes
11 K Views
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

1. Get a new job.
2. Nothing else matters at the moment.

Sad really isn't it. :cry:

8)

Yessssss!!! Achieved the goal. Got a great new job. Starting Wednesday. Now I can concentrate on some proper goals:

1. Jam - find some jam buddies locally and contribute to more online jams here.
2. 5 new songs.
3. New axe.
4. My first live performance.
5. Constantly strive to improve in all aspects of my playing.
6. Enjoy my music.

That just about covers it.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hey chuckster congrats on the new job. Come over to SSG for some inspiration on your songwriting. Glad to hear you are going to take the plunge and do a live perfomance, its such a buzz.

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

Yessssss!!! Achieved the goal. Got a great new job. Starting Wednesday. Now I can concentrate on some proper goals:

Great news and congrats on getting the job you wanted. Hope everything goes well on Wednesday. Goals are easier to achieve when you don't have work worries :D :D

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

It does feel like a weight has been lifted. I'm now looking forward to my musical journey this year.

I don't go into the SSG as often as I should, pbee. Perhaps I'll make more of an effort this year.

Thanks guys.

8)

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

wow,
1--finish the cd my bands working on( if possibble)
2--learn to write better songs
3--have fun
4-- spend as much money on guitars and guitar related things that my wife will allow

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Work on my goals for 2008

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

To get my solo act with midi backing tracks up and running.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@zeklar)

1. This year I'm trying something different. I want to get a new guitar, either a Fender stratocaster or an Ibanez S470. The plan is to put aside one dollar for every hour of practice which will (hopefully) get me playing AND buying more.
2. Set up different one hour blocks of practice material so I'm not just rehashing the same things over every hour.
3. Get into more riff based music.
4. Go through my substantial guitar magazine collection and play through all of the lessons.
5. ROCK! 8)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Took me a while to get round to answering this, mainly because until now I'm not really sure what my goals were....but I had one of those "I CAN do it!" moments a couple of weeks ago, so I'm a little clearer now.....

1 - Record more often. My songwriting seems to have improved over the last couple of years, probably due to the fact I spend a lot of time in the SSG....I've written over 50 songs in that forum now, and only recorded a handful....

2 - Re-record everything (well virtually everything!) on my soundclick site....there's 20-odd rough demos in there, only one of which has been turned into a complete song....

3 - Keep improving at guitar, especially lead....and learn a bit more about keyboards.....

4 - Practise singing more often - been 10 days without a cigarette now, once my lungs have recovered from the 30 years or so of abuse, I'm hoping my voice will improve....

5 - To try and give something back to GN - I'd still be messing about with the same old three or four chords in the same old aimless way if it wasn't for all the good advice I've had from this site over the past three years or so, so I'll try and pass some of it on wherever I can, and hopefully keep contributing to Easy Songs and the SSG....

6 - to have fun while I'm working on #'s 1 to 5.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@svartingr)
Eminent Member

1. Compose a song. Er, write a song. Whatever you wanna call it. I can always get bits of songs, but never a full one.

2. Master the 5 Pentatonic Positions.

3. Learn to sightread sheet music (I run on tabs right now).

4. Learn to lead/solo.

5. Find a drummer for the band.

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Bumpety Bump.

Didn't you just know this thread would come back to haunt you. :twisted:

Half way through the year (already :shock: ) and I thought it would be a good time to assess my progress so far and perhaps reassess my goals. Here's my list from the start of the year:

1. Jam - find some jam buddies locally and contribute to more online jams here. Haven't found anyone locally - but then haven't looked too hard. Done a couple of online jams here. Must try harder on both counts.
2. 5 new songs. Three complete. Working on three. Ahead of the curve on this one.
3. New axe. Mission accomplished. (Twice :wink: )
4. My first live performance. Mission accomplished.
5. Constantly strive to improve in all aspects of my playing. Still working hard on this one.
6. Enjoy my music. Having a ball.

So what do I want to achieve by the end of the year?

1. Jam - find some jam buddies locally and contribute to more online jams here.
2. Set the years total of new songs to 10 instead of 5 including a couple of acoustic guitar ones (I've been neglecting the acoustic a bit lately).
3. More live performances.
4. Nail the second solo to Sultans of Swing.
5. Have a stab at writing a song. I've had a few ideas recently but haven't committed them to paper yet.
6. Enjoy my music.

Quite pleased with my progress so far but can't afford to get complacent. Go to keep on moving onwards and upwards.

Anyone else care to commit themselves? :wink:

8)

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I've assessed and it turns out that I haven't been working on what I planned, but that's okay I think it's about time that I stop worry about practicing and just have fun: in the meantime I can start thinking about some reasonable goals that I should work on.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

-Do better in school
-Lose some weight, get stronger
-Learn how to play the guitar
-Get a job in about April
-School: I did the same.
-Weight: I've lost about 15 lbs. Yay.
-Guitar: Yea, I'm doin pretty good I think too.
-Job: Nope, hopefully this summer, soon.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Write more songs of higher quality in more genres and have my second album done at the end of 2007.

Wrote about sixty new tunes since then, and am close to closing the book on the seventh album. Guess all that's left now is the 'higher quality'. :D

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

I'd really like to be able to just pick up a guitar and play along to anything, and not sound bad. For me that is my ultimate guitar goal. I suppose that would be considered playing by ear, instantly.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5