Skip to content
What guage strings ...

Notifications
Clear all

What guage strings do you use? (i.e. 9, 10, etc)

21 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@flashback)
Reputable Member

I usually use the skinny top heavy bottom styl string guages. And I prefer an 11 on the top and a 60 on the bottom I know its nots to hot for standard but it sounds great amped and I use all kinds of tunings so it accomadates anything from Drop A to Open E.

I prefer D'addarios with an unwound G string.

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

All my electrics are strung with D'Addario half round 13's, 6 sting acoustics with 13's 12 sting with 11's

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

.012-.052" on my electrics.

.017-.070" on my resonator.

I've got 10s on one flattop acoustic, and 9s on another.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Well, as far as 9's go. I really use them for those bends. I beeeennndd them and use a lot of vibrato on my blues riffs without the whammy bar. As far as tone goes, I can tweak my sound enough with my pedals and amps, I'm okay using 9's. Like I said, I use other guages too.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
 Faza
(@faza)
Eminent Member

I use 10-52s. Since I play both standard tuning and C# (three semitones down) and use a lot of bends, I find these gauges the best compromise between tone and comfort. :)

Viridian on MySpace

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

Acoustic - 12's
Electric - 9's

Next time I changed the strings I think I am going to bump the electric up to a 10 or maybe 11. The difference in tension in between my electric and acoustic is a little too much and usually leads to me having to take time to adjust so that every time I barre a chord on the electric I don't bend all 6 strings. I might bring down the acoustic to 11 also just because I am girl with not so big not so strong hands and it can take a lot out of them to play simple songs but is great in building my hand strength!

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2