Skip to content
what happened to th...

Notifications
Clear all

what happened to the easy song database?

24 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see it anywhere!

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I'm still seeing it just below the bass player's section.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

It only appears to you when you're logged in, do you see it now?

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

FYI, that's on purpose.

Why? Not that you asked but...

1. I don't want it tracked by the search engines.
2. I don't want the RIAA/lawyers breathing down our neck
3. I don't want the site to become a giant tab machine
4. The tabs really are for educational purposes, just like a bunch of guitarists sitting around teaching each other songs. In order to get to them, you have to be part of this sharing, learning and teaching community of guitarists.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Don't want to worry you Nick, and you know more about computers than me, but if you check "Who's Online" at any given moment there are usually several "bots" registered as members....quite frequently one of them will be "reading topic in Easy Song Database."

I know I mentioned this once before, a long time ago - would it help if people posting tabs posted a disclaimer, something along the lines of the one David uses in his lessons? Perhaps you could do a "standard" disclaimer we could cut-and-paste into future tabs, or edit into existing ones?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@denny)
Reputable Member

Don't want to worry you Nick, and you know more about computers than me, but if you check "Who's Online" at any given moment there are usually several "bots" registered as members....quite frequently one of them will be "reading topic in Easy Song Database."

I know I mentioned this once before, a long time ago - would it help if people posting tabs posted a disclaimer, something along the lines of the one David uses in his lessons? Perhaps you could do a "standard" disclaimer we could cut-and-paste into future tabs, or edit into existing ones?

Vic
That sounds like a good idea Vic. Better safe than sorry.

Denny

ReplyQuote
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

ahh, wasn't logged in.

all makes sense now! Too late to post my song now, I'll do it tomorrow!

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Maybe access should only be granted after a member reaches a certain post count? I don't think the "bots" ever post. Just an idea.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

But the Easy Songs forum is not indexed by the search engines, isn't? They aren't allowed to read these pages. I don't know how Nick or Paul configured the system but usually you can forbid the access to directories or zones to robots in the websites.

ReplyQuote
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

I have a stupid question-What is a "Bot"?

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Programs that constantly monitor the content of websites, indexing them for the search engines.

Or flesh eating maggots of certain flies, that burrow under your skin feasting on your tissues.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Programs that constantly monitor the content of websites, indexing them for the search engines.

Or flesh eating maggots of certain flies, that burrow under your skin feasting on your tissues.

Could've classified both types as parasitic scavengers, then.....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Bot, Bot, uninvited guest
Nick considers you a pest
A voyeur peeking
Key words seeking
Into our Forum you crawl
Lurking about ye shall
On our posts feast
Morph a winged beast
And ungratefully fly
With no 'Hello' or 'Goodbye'
Contributing naught
Oh dreadful Bot.

Sorry about that. Off topic again.
But your thoughts prompted the poem - especially the maggot/parasitic scavenger thing - it conjured visuals.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Dude! I'm trying to eat some breakfast here! :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Bot, Bot, uninvited guest
Nick considers you a pest
A voyeur peeking
Key words seeking
Into our Forum you crawl
Lurking about ye shall
On our posts feast
Morph a winged beast
And ungratefully fly
With no 'Hello' or 'Goodbye'
Contributing naught
Oh dreadful Bot.

Sorry about that. Off topic again.
But your thoughts prompted the poem - especially the maggot/parasitic scavenger thing - it conjured visuals.

Hey Ken, sounds like you're on your way to a great dark & heavy angst tune. Drop the tuning down about 1 1/2 steps, palm mute some power chords and SCREAM IT BROTHER!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2