Clear all

What kind of guitar is this?

47 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Ahh, thanks slejhammer. I doubt I could find, or afford a guitar older than I am. I like the DT200. Wish they had more choices in finishes though. Oh well. Thanks again.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

It's also possible it's a 1983 DT500CS, but the tailpiece looks more like that of the '82 model.

Cheers!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Ahh, thanks slejhammer. I doubt I could find, or afford a guitar older than I am.
There's a DT 400 on ebay with 12 hours to go ... currently $315. Go get it!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@terminator)
Reputable Member

Those guiatrs used to be dirt cheap back then. $500 was probably the most expencive model Ibanez had. Now, since they're vintage, they are obviously gonna be more expensive, but are still affordable, and available to buy in places like eBay. Yep,the 80's were the days. Life was good then! Hang on, ive never even seen the 80's! :D :D Oh well, at least my information is still correct! All thanks to the countless hours of research!

Thanks,
Leo.

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Check out a similar guitar in production right now - the Hamer (import) Standard. Runs about $350 new or slightly used.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@terminator)
Reputable Member

Woohoo!!! I thought i was the only one who knows bout Hamers and plays them! Those are absolutely amazing! for 99£ you can get Hamer guitar that sounds 20 times the price!!!! Amazing value!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I've heard of Hamer guitars as well. Though I like the Vector series over the Standard series.

I'm still not sure what to decide and am kinda stuck. I've been putting away money when I can. But as I debate what to get, the more money I put away. So the longer I wait, the more money I have to work with, and then more options open up.

I'm debating on an Epiphone or Gibson Explorer too. Yet another decision, hurray! lol. It's out of my league, the Gibson is anyway, but at the rate I'm going to reach a decision...............

I know what I want, something with an interesting design, with a thick tone and doesn't have a heavy neck. But a lot of guitars fit that bill.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Onewingedangel wrote:
I really need to stop looking at what artists use.............makes me want them
Me too...oh you meant the guitar!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

LOL, yes the guitars! Can't say I've ever had the hots for Morgan or Tara from Kittie.

And I've decided to wait longer and go for a Gibson Explorer. From what I hear they have a thick tone, excellent finish, slim neck and looks darn cool. Yes, I'm talking about the guitar.......

ReplyQuote
(@terminator)
Reputable Member

Yup looks darn cool, but is impossible to hold while sitting douwn and is heavy like hell!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I heard they were lighter than the Les Pauls. Though I don't get how people say Les Pauls are heavy, I held one and it was lighter than the electric I have now. As for the sitting down thing, I don't play sitting down........ever, actually. I can't play sitting down, I find it too hard to move up and down the neck.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Onewing,

If the guitar your playing now is heavier than a Les Paul than you better see if there's anything inside like a bunch of rocks or something...I can't even imagine playing anything that heavy.

When I was looking for my first guitar I tried every guitar in the store and the thing I remembered most was how heavy the Les Paul felt..I couldn't imagine playing that for long periods of time.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

The one I tried was pretty light. Mind you, I'm used to the weight of mine. When I first got it and played, my shoulder would be sore for a couple hours after putting it down. Now, the weight doesn't bother me at all.

I didn't like that Les Paul though, the neck didn't fit my hand. That and I don't like Les Pauls, the body shape is kinda boring to me.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

....I don't like Les Pauls, the body shape is kinda boring to me.
I guess thats why they suite me :lol: :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@terminator)
Reputable Member

What guitar do you have now, OneWingedAngel?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4