Notifications
Clear all

What makes guitarists great?

17 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I think you may have a problem playing hindi music on a western guitar - don't you use different chromatic scales and intervals to us?

it is not a problem.there are some beautiful hindi songs on guitar...but basically my taste is more on an english kinda side.

But if you want to please the crowd you have to play what THEY want not what YOU want 8)

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@oliver)
Eminent Member

I think it has to do with the way you approach music.
Do you feel the music? Is it in your head? Are you making variations in your head? When you are playing are you thinking 'now I have to hit it like this, then like that...' or are you feeling the music, enjoying it and trying to play what it feels like for you, are you showing what you feel? Is there a lot of emotion. If you play the music exactly like it's written on the sheet it sounds like a machine, you have to interpretate it. people do not make these machines cause music has to come from a human emotional being which can't be produced by a machine.

If you have ten people and you let them play the same instrumental song there is going to be a big difference in the way they play it.

Now I'm going to play it less louder, increasingly building up tonestrenght.etc.. etc...

he's bending, maybe that bending is way out of tone. It can be something specific that player is doing by purpose. It can be because of that that people are going to say. That's guitarist X...

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2