Skip to content
What should a band ...

Notifications
Clear all

What should a band look for in a drummer?

38 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
(@marshallsw)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I always thought that the drummer was the really skinny guy that didn't talk much.
But thanks for alllll your help. I'll keep that in mind.
But there is one thing all drummers should work on in my opinion..
this might not be a problem with any of you, but my problem with drummers is.
When your Rythm guitarist is trying to get in tune with you and the drummer is beating on his FRIGGIN DRUMS.
That when. the guitarist. being bigger then a little punk ass drummer (in my case) puts his guitar down. walks behind the drum set, next to the drummer, punches the do in the friggin eye, takes his CRASH SYMBLE. and beats him within an inch of his life with it. I realise this is a personal grudge I hold on those 'won't stop playing for 1 minute so guitars can tune' drummers. But hey. we all have angre problems. anyway.....
Thanks VERY much guys

~Marshall

You're a god among insects, never let anyone tell you different.

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

I always thought that the drummer was the really skinny guy that didn't talk much.

That isn't the drummer, that is the bassist. He enjoys playing in the corner of the stage and being ignored by the specators. :P

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@marshallsw)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hahaha!

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

But there is one thing all drummers should work on in my opinion..
this might not be a problem with any of you, but my problem with drummers is.
When your Rythm guitarist is trying to get in tune with you and the drummer is beating on his FRIGGIN DRUMS.
That when. the guitarist. being bigger then a little punk donkey drummer (in my case) puts his guitar down. walks behind the drum set, next to the drummer, punches the do in the friggin eye, takes his CRASH SYMBLE. and beats him within an inch of his life with it. I realise this is a personal grudge I hold on those 'won't stop playing for 1 minute so guitars can tune' drummers. But hey. we all have angre problems. anyway.....

~Marshall

I'm going to assume that you play electric in the band, in which case, don't you have a tuner that you can plug into the guitar so you don't need to hear the pitch (you just tune it to the correct pitch on the tuner) in order to tune? Anyways.

The funny thing is that I play drums in a band with my friends (they wanted me to play drums because I was one of the only people who they knew that played drums), and I always have to tell the lead guitarist to shut up because he plays loudly and whenever i'm talking to other members of the band about song ideas and such. I guess it doesn't matter what instrument you play, people can just be REALLY annoying sometimes.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@rosinante)

ok

ReplyQuote
(@marshallsw)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I usually just plug into my amp and play, but now I do have a tuner and it won't be a big problem, BUT the rythm guitarist doesn't have one.

ReplyQuote
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member

my friends and I have a running joke about drummers...
-Percussionist-
One who keeps the beat. He is the "couch" that the whole band sits on. Like the bass player, you wouldn't know he's there, but without him, the band doesn't rock.

-Drummer-
One who hits things with sticks as hard as he can, and thinks it's musical.

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

Q : What do you call a person who is constantly hanging around musicians ?

A : A drummer .

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3