Skip to content
What song or songs ...

Notifications
Clear all

What song or songs are you woking on this month?

48 Posts
40 Users
0 Likes
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Just wondering, by the way I'm working on SRV's Mary had a little lamb and finishing my version of the T-bone Shuffle.

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Good question. Currently am working on "Never Been To Spain" - Three Dog Night (I believe) and "Two of us" - The Beatles. Also, I have tuned my Ovation to the DADGAD tuning and have been playing around with sort of a Celtic style. Joined a renaissance group and would like to start playing/performing at the occasional event in a year or so.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Some Red Hot Chile Pepper solos and some Charlie Christian stuff.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@quarterfront)
Reputable Member

Little Wing and a fingerstyle arrangement of Michelle.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

A bunch of stuff actually a couple easy Elvis songs my teacher gave me, Little Sister and Jailhouse rock ( I think these are kind of easy so I'm alittle embarrassed that my teacher is giving these to me) I guess he thinks I suck.

Plus I just burned a CD with about 20 songs that I play and I realized that the original version of Jenny 8675309 was tuned a half step up so I'm relearning that, although there really isn't much relearning except the short solo, as I learned it about a year ago.

Other than that just trying to work on my scales which I keep telling myself is the most important thing to do but the hardest for me since it's boring.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@tfroberg)
Eminent Member

The solo in "Money" by Pink Floyd.

This space for rent

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Landslide-Fleetwood Mac . I have intro and verse down am working on the chorus.
Cats in the Cradle-Harry Chapin I have the whole song down am working on speed and fluidity.
Helplessly Hoping-Crosby Stills and Nash (I think Young too) I am half way through the verse.

ReplyQuote
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member

"To Love and Be Loved", "The Calander Hung Itself" and "Bowl Of Oranges" by Bright Eyes currently. I have the To Love down, Bowl I have to smooth out, and Calander I just cannot get yet. It's bugging me.

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

A hodgepodge of stuff - Fall to Pieces by Velvet Revolver, One by U2, Heaven by Los Lonely Boys, Stormy Monday Blues by Allman Bros., Axis Bold as Love by Jimi.

I'd love to learn that version of Mary Had A Little Lamb, though.

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

Currently:
Knocking On Heavens Door - Bob Dylan
Hotel California-Eagles
California Blue - Roy Orbinson
Rebel Rouser-Duane Eddy & Lee Hazelwood

BS

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

From out of left field...

I'm working on a Bolero by Bartolome Calatuyud; and polishing up my renditions of Isaac Albeniz's famous Tango, and Tarrega's Recuerdos de la Alhambra - cos I'm out of practice.

Well, you did ask.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix, "I'm Waiting For the Man" by the Velvet Underground(actually just using it as a soloing rythym, but its all good. BTW thats the Velvet Underground, not the Velvet Revolver), and a variety of cool Dylan songs. 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Treetop Flyer ~Stephen Stills
tryin to get my travis picking down

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@olive)
Estimable Member

Into the Mystic--Van Morrison. My teacher worked out an arrangement of this in drop D. I'm working on smoothing out the chords and learning to sing and play this at the same time.

Strange Fire--Indigo Girls. Learning some alternate chord voicing and learning the solo. I'm also working on coming up with my own improv.

Finally, I'm working on a classical piece in B minor. Barre chords, barre chords, barre chords!

"My ex-boyfriend can't tell me I've sold out, because he's in a cult, and he's not allowed to talk to me." --Dar Williams

ReplyQuote
(@artistx13)
Estimable Member

Im doing a lot of experimenting the alternate tunings and right now im trying to arrange Imagine by john lennon into c6 tuning.

"I named my son Marshall, yeah I named him after the amp. Of course that wasnt my first choice, I was gonna name him Peavy but my wife didnt like it."- Ron "Tater Salad" White

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4