Skip to content
What Song(s) Are Yo...

Notifications
Clear all

What Song(s) Are You Playing/Learning Right Now?

86 Posts
66 Users
0 Likes
16.8 K Views
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Hey Mitch

I didnt even see you message. Should have PMd me.. LOL I see Steed alreay answered it very well though. It also has a bible verse that coresponds with the song. Its totally with the $45ish bucks it cost. I dont use the book much either. I use the CD, like Steed said. There is a litle flash interface that helps you pick the song and load it into a window for you. I print out the PDFs for the songs I use the most cause its easier than reading it off the computer screen. The guy that does the MP3s is pretty good. He sings like a verse, chorus, bridge of each song and keeps it pretty simple. I have learned alot of new chords using this book too.

There are a few times that what was printed on the page wasnt what he played in the MP3 but I cant think of a time that it wasnt pretty easy to figure out.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i thought some of you may find interest in this site
http://www.guitardiscussion.com/

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@chris_skilton)
Trusted Member

Lol. Why would any1 wanna learn mary had a little lamb ?? because we all know that we would all want to learn twinkle litttle star. :D

Woot Woot!!

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

Lol. Why would any1 wanna learn mary had a little lamb ?? because we all know that we would all want to learn twinkle litttle star. :D

Everyone has to start somewhere :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

I'm trying to improve my slide playing (and really, at this point it can only improve) so I'm learning The Allman Brothers' "Statesboro Blues" and Duane's solo in "Have You Ever Loved a Woman" from the Layla album.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Steeder and Geoo: Thanks for following up! I'll see if I can get the praise team leader to buy it! :) Sounds a LOT better than the Passion Band book ... even though there are some great songs covered in there.

Twisted: Thanks; that looks interesting.

Chris Skilton: Try David Hodge's fingerstyle version of Twinkle Twinkle on the lessons page ... maybe a little more interesting than you might expect. :)

Something else I started working on: I found a Tommy Shannon (SRV's Double Trouble) bass lesson on swing blues. A beginner can play it as a simple walking bassline exercise, but he also throws in a few fun techniques to liven it up. Good learning, fun tune with lots of real-world application.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@williewannabe)

Currently working on some of the new Dylan, off of Modern Times. GREAT stuff. Not really difficult chords, but a great lesson in shuffles, timing, anticipated chords and stuff like that. And I NEED to learn those methods of playing REALLY BAD!

Modern Times : Thunder On The Mountain
Rollin and Tumblin
The Levee's gonna break

America : Sister Golden Hair ( good barr chord practice )
Lonely People

Paul

ReplyQuote
(@fah-q)
Estimable Member

Right now im working on alot of different things. My friend gave me an old book on slide guitar so that is what im primarily working. Im also working on strange brew by cream and several other songs.

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Currently working on some of the new Dylan, off of Modern Times. l

cool! The easy song database is over there :arrow: :arrow: :-)

I was just at the other end of his discography - Baby let me follow you down - argg I need at least one extra brain to play that fingerpicking while singing / or especially playing harp...

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member

The last song that i learnt was damien rice, cannonball the other day. It is supriseingly hard! :lol:

Cannonball is so fun to play! :D

If you like Damien, other fun ones to play are Blower's Daughter (I and II), Sand, La Professor and, if you have a LOT of time on your hands and don't value your acoustic, learn Dogs from the new album. The tuning terrifies me. Very reminiscent of Nick Drake.

Oh, and the last two songs I learned were In The Kitchen and Pequod, both by Umphrey's McGee. Working on another of their tunes but I don't have the picking speed for the solo.

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

Eric Clapton - Layla Acoustic Solo.
Gary Moore - Still Got The Blues intro and solo
Georgia Satellites - Keep Your Hands To Yourself

Most of this was the last 2 days. I have been basically working on my own little ditties for a few months now. I needed something to take my mind off of trying to create music, copying other people seemed to do the trick. Plus those are great tunes.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Lol. Why would any1 wanna learn mary had a little lamb ?? because we all know that we would all want to learn twinkle litttle star. :D Try Buddy GUy's version of it :twisted:

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@quarterfront)
Reputable Member

Pat Metheny's arrangement of Ferry Cross the Mersey
Anu by Adrian Legg
Jeff Beckley's version of Hallelujah
An arrangement of Lady Madonna that's attributed to Chet Atkins

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Little Drummer Boy -Started late in December and kept going with it.
Paranoid by Black Sabbath
and I started Iron Maiden's Somewhere In Time

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@clazon)
Honorable Member

Lately I've been coninuing the work on mixing lead and rhythm parts into one. This has led to me noodling around with a few of my own progressions and mixing in loads of different twiddles (mainly to improve utilising the whole of the fretboard).

But I also went back to re-learn (including all new twiddles and such):

Under the Bridge -RHCP

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 6